The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yuhhhh
Original post by RedLamp444
Who got 0.002 moles? For the 3 marker or something..
Reply 81
For balancing equations did anyone get 2,9,8,10????😏
Anyone get these answers to math questions?

15g
310.0g (Probably wrong because 250cm in dm is 25dm, I put 2.5dm :frown:)
0.002mol
8.8%

Overall, paper was pretty good, grade boundaries will sky rocket.
Yeah that's what I got
Original post by Adi15
For balancing equations did anyone get 2,9,8,10????😏
I got all of them except for 310grams
Original post by jjxshuaa
Anyone get these answers to math questions?

15g
310.0g (Probably wrong because 250cm in dm is 25dm, I put 2.5dm :frown:)
0.002mol
8.8%

Overall, paper was pretty good, grade boundaries will sky rocket.
Calculate rF value by distance travelled by substance/distance travelled by solvent.
Original post by Paolo3100
how could you identify uknown dyes
last year you needed 44 marks for an 8 but people found it hard so it's not going to go above 50
I thought everything was good except for the maths, line of best fit and the unknown dyes one. I got the definition of sustainable development e.g sustainable development is development which meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. I got the formulation one...the greenhouse effect one...the crude oil one....the oxygen gas test....the nitrogen and oxide one (i think)...and most of the others. Overall i quite liked it.
Production of ethanol takes in carbon dioxide?
Original post by leonl888
I said it was a renewable resource
That was part of the question silly. 120Mr = CuSO4

Original post by amitchell03
Did anyone get 120 for an answer lol
did anyone else get 15 for a mole question

yEAHHHHH BOOOOO
For the nitrogen question did you say that nitrogen is very unreactive nitrogen,from the atmosphere reacts with oxygen because temperatures are extremely high in the engine providing the most suitable conditions for nitrogen react which forms oxides of nitrogen
Original post by HarrietL16
I thought everything was good except for the maths, line of best fit and the unknown dyes one. I got the definition of sustainable development e.g sustainable development is development which meets the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. I got the formulation one...the greenhouse effect one...the crude oil one....the oxygen gas test....the nitrogen and oxide one (i think)...and most of the others. Overall i quite liked it.
Peakest question
Original post by inayah133
What did people get for the 4 mark question on the mass of dissolved substances?
I wrote about evaporating the 100cm3 salt water into crystals slowly, and then measuring the mass of the crystals with a scale
Original post by 14hollot
Peakest question
Original post by MarkSchemePlz
That was part of the question silly. 120Mr = CuSO4

No way you’re joking, what was you supposed to do after that
how could you identify uknown dyes

When the dyes form spots along the paper the spots that are in the food colouring will line up with the spots produced by the food colouring, which shows that they are in the food colouring
Reply 96
Filtration is for insoluble solids like sand not dissolved solids like salt
Original post by Dividingjem2
I put filtration
I said that the greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide have bonds that are good at absorbing infrared radiation from the sun. This traps the radiation in the atmosphere leading to global warming from the greenhouse effect.
Original post by inayah133
I put that the greenhouse gases don't absorb the incoming short wavelength radiation from the sun. They absorb long wavelength radiation from the sun and re-radiate it in all directions including back to Earth. The longwave radiation is a thermal radiation and so it makes Earth hotter.
Nice paper altho the maths was hard (i swear moles is paper 1???)
You had to talk about long and short wave radiation explicitly
(Original post by jjxshuaa)
I said that the greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide have bonds that are good at absorbing infrared radiation from the sun. This traps the radiation in the atmosphere leading to global warming from the greenhouse effect.

Latest

Trending

Trending