The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Student Housing in Aberdeen

Hi everyone!

I'm going to be an exchange student at the University of Aberdeen this coming fall! I will be studying in Aberdeen for the first semester of my second year of college. I am currently trying to decide what I am going to do for student housing. I know most international students choose to live in Hillhead, but I noticed that it is on the other side of the park and about a 15 minute walk from campus. Would it be wise to live in a flat that is not owned by the school? I did some research and found some flats owned by Unite that are still 15 minutes away from campus, but closer to the town.
Moved to University of Aberdeen forum. :smile:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Hello Keelin,

I noticed your thread about housing. Hillhead is not far at all from University of Aberdeen and loads of students walk to and from there every day. It is the largest student accommodation area run by the University and there are loads of activities and events on there daily. A lot of students love it because they have a great social life away from studying. The choice of accommodation is up to you but city centre accommodation is a good 15 minute walk away from the campus in the other direction.

! Whilst you settle in you might be interested in Students4Students which is a service run by experienced students to help you settle in. You can contact them and ask them to match you up to a mentor. You can also ask AUSA about accommodation so that you get a full idea about what is available and download their guide to read. We also have some student Vlogs to help you find out more about the social aspect of being a student at University of Aberdeen. If you need anything further just message us! You will want to know about getting started as a new student and there is also a guide to help you understand the process. Enjoy University of Aberdeen it is a beautiful place to study!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending