The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Biology A B1-B3 and B7 Higher J247/03 - 14 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

6 mark on ADH meant more sodium could stay inside as it makes the kidney tubules more permeable so more can be absorbed and less released from body, so more could be kept inside the bloods as levels are low
Original post by WGreen
Yeah I put that too also what was that 6 mark question I had no clue if I'm being honest
I think it was diffusion because my teacher did say diffusion only occurs with, so not with any other liquid, but idk lol
Original post by Laurence863
osmosis = diffusion of water

it was an iodine solution so im not sure, I assume that because diffusion and osmosis are similar in terms of molecule movement that you'd still get most of the marks but idk lmao
** only with water sorry
Original post by zara11413
I think it was diffusion because my teacher did say diffusion only occurs with, so not with any other liquid, but idk lol
i thought exactly the same? never seen that style of questions either tbh and not much proper content from revision guides ect
Original post by isabella25
The questions were so weird it was so random
Original post by ellsmastersxxx
i put oestorgen and lh. because oestrogen inhibs fsh so surely not oestrogen? and lh releases an egg?

wasnt it for which two hormones are heightened immediately before mentruation?

ik its oestrogen but not sure what else, its probs LH, I put LH then changed to progesterone so rip lmao
Osmosis, from high to low conc?x

yeah that one
Yeah I think it was oestrogen and lh hopefully
Reply 47
I put that becuase lh releases the egg so it would obviously peak on day 14 and fsh matures it before release so I assumed it would be them two as oestrogen and progesterone are both about the uterus lining so I don't think it would have been them
Original post by internet monster
LH and FSH ??

I put diffusion cos it was iodine but im not sure
also what did people put for which animals circulatory system is most similar to humans?

I chose bird:
4 chambers/valves in the heart
large surface area in lungs (alveoli)
was a double circulatory system

cant remember why else
i put oestorgen and lh. because oestrogen inhibs fsh so surely not oestrogen? and lh releases an egg?

I put LH and FSH, the question specifically asked what two hormones were secreted immediately before ovulation. LH and FSh both peak on day 14? But I was wonderin whether it was oestrogen!? I really don't know
Reply 51
I put amphibian............
OH ****
also what did people put for which animals circulatory system is most similar to humans?

I chose bird:

cant remember why else
thats what i wrote now im just thinking WHY lol
Yeah I put oestrogen and lh
Reply 53
which person had the type 2 diabetes? a, b or c?
Reply 54
I PUT B!!!!!!
Original post by mxrytan
B i put but then i thought insulin was low
Original post by mxrytan
It was amphibian, mum's a doctor and she said the chambers in the bird weren't connected but the chambers in an amphibian were connected so it was like a human's apparently. It was only 4 or 5 marks though.

I chose bird:

cant remember why else
It was C because in type 2 diabetes the insulin rises as well it's just that the glucose or something doesn't react to it and that's why you have problems

Original post by mxrytan
Reply 58
I'm pretty sure it's C ginal post by mxrytan)
yeah i spoke about mutations in the dna base sequence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending