The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Biology A B1-B3 and B7 Higher J247/03 - 14 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

I think you had to put the bird as it had like four circles which mirrors the four chamber of the heart and the septum separating the oxygenated and deoxygenated blood
Original post by Situlechu
What did you guys put for the which other animal has the most similar circulatory system to humans?
I’m
Original post by hard_crap
Was it just me who had never heard of tRNA and is noone talking about that ridiculous kidney question? I put D hopefully someone who knows the actuall non-guessed answer can confirm it :/

our teacher told us that we dont have to learn what trna as its not in the specification
Original post by olkapippin
never heard if tRNA either, for the kidney question i basically answered it as if the sodium ions was the water potential/concentration so may be a few marks for explaining how ADH worked but i really failed in that question. What did you get D for?

The multiple choice kidney question- that weird ass word.

also what did people put for that magic yeast question
Reply 144
Does anyone know if there are any unofficial grade boundaries or markschemes anywhere?
i know this was not in the spec

however i wrote TRNA (transfer rna) is involved in translation and takes the dna to the ribosome where it threads through ect. it was a hard paper
yeah i said bird as always talk about bird related to humans

i said 4 chambers deoxy and oxy blood closed system, leaves and enters heart twice, sides seperated
Original post by Usman_903
I think you had to put the bird as it had like four circles which mirrors the four chamber of the heart and the septum separating the oxygenated and deoxygenated blood
i have never heard of that one either! TRNA i mentioned it takes it to ribosome where its read as triplet code cause TRNA is transfer rna. i dont get how they get away with putting questiojns in that Havent been taught?
Original post by olkapippin
never heard if tRNA either, for the kidney question i basically answered it as if the sodium ions was the water potential/concentration so may be a few marks for explaining how ADH worked but i really failed in that question. What did you get D for?
yh I said diffusion as well but Google is giving mixed answers on whether osmosis is with water or any solvent
Wow, that test was alright...
tRNA is the strand that brings the amino acid to the ribosome with one amino acid and the anticodon (3 bases). Basically, it's used for translation.
The kidney question was supposed to be answered through the process of elimination. The top two letters are an artery and a vein and C is the Bowmans capsule, so D is the kidney MCQ answer. Plus it says tubule at the end of the word which is the tube..

For the 6 mark i talked about less of the sodium ions would mean that there is higher water potential so is hypotonic (I said hypertonic in the test,rip). This means water enters the BODY CELL (Not blood cell) and causes it to burst (lysis). Reducing ADH would mean the blood water potential decreases which means that the water doesn't move into the cell maintaining the water balance.
(edited 4 years ago)
yea that was messed up in the beginning i was like, hey this paper is actually okfinished the multiple choice and that's when i realised i ****ed up
(apologies for the language)
(edited 4 years ago)
same
Original post by WGreen
Honestly i really struggled with that paper it was basically a compilation of the topics I was bad at
this was defo harder than last years paper
would grade boundaries be higher or lower this year?
The grade boundaries for last year's paper were exceptionally low- like 58 marks for a 9? So- they're almost definitely gonna be higher. I would say upwards of 70 marks for a 9.
Original post by internet monster
this was defo harder than last years paper
would grade boundaries be higher or lower this year?
suck my left toe lol that exam went sick for me anyways hope you get grades 1s xoxo
Original post by kittenxoxoxo
suck my left toe lol that exam went sick for me anyways hope you get grades 1s xoxo

GOOD FOR YOU ,Tell me how tf we are meant to Trna when our teacher reads off a textbook and we have to do the outside specification stuff on your own.I revised practically everything and even one year from now i will still remember much of biology but some of the questions was just too retarded I am done with this f**** board. If i see that crappy OCR in A level i am legit gonna run.
Original post by kittenxoxoxo

yh i feel so too - but biology's mark scheme is brutal. Expect 85% at the very most.
Reply 157
3 ur
What did everyone put for the question on explants making sugars in agar jelly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending