The Student Room Group

Ph calculations 2

I’m stuck on another question again

Calculate the ph of the solution formed when 3.5 g of impure NaOH (98.7 purity) is dissolved in water and is made up to 100cm3 and then 25cm3 of 0.35 mol dm3 of diprotic acid is added

I calculated the moles of the diprotic acid and NaOH but I don’t know what to do after
What would represent the diprotic acid
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm stuck on another question again.
Calculate the ph of the solution formed when 3.5g of impure NaOH ( 98.7 purity) is disolved in water and is made up to 100cm3 and then 25cm3 of 0.35 mol dm3 of diprotic acid us added
i calculated the moles of the diprotic acid and NaOH but i don't know what to do after.
what would represent the diprotic acid?
Original post by username6509
Calculate the ph of the solution formed when 3.5g of impure NaOH ( 98.7 purity) is disolved in water and is made up to 100cm3 and then 25cm3 of 0.35 mol dm3 of diprotic acid us added
i calculated the moles of the diprotic acid and NaOH but i don't know what to do after.

Are you on AQA by any chance?
no with OCR
Original post by username6509

You could represent the diprotic acid as H2X

Then your equation becomes:

2NaOH + H2X ==> Na2X + 2H2O

So that 2 mol of sodium hydroxide reacts with 1 mol of acid.
Are you posting the same questions using two different user names?

Please don't.

Quick Reply

Latest