The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen University

Hey
I was just wondering how diverse Aberdeen is?
Is there a lot of POC or is it mainly white?
Hi, i visited Aberdeen not that long ago and personally felt everyone was pretty judgey. It is mainly white populated from what i remember
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, i visited Aberdeen not that long ago and personally felt everyone was pretty judgey. It is mainly white populated from what i remember

Oh :frown:
Reply 3
Ok I visit my best friend in Aberdeen at least 20 times a year ( precovid). She is ethnically Arab. She has very very rarely had any issues with anyone. I have found people to be nice a friendly. I cant speak for the uni itself, but the people of Aberdeen are lovely. But just like any big city you do get the occasional bigot.
Reply 4
Original post by mainer
Ok I visit my best friend in Aberdeen at least 20 times a year ( precovid). She is ethnically Arab. She has very very rarely had any issues with anyone. I have found people to be nice a friendly. I cant speak for the uni itself, but the people of Aberdeen are lovely. But just like any big city you do get the occasional bigot.

Ahhh okay that makes me feel a little better about going to uni there thank you x
With our links to oil and gas we have a lot of African students, predominantly Nigerian, I also personally see a lot of Chinese and Malaysian students around the campus before corona virus.
Reply 6
Original post by Jwizzle2992
With our links to oil and gas we have a lot of African students, predominantly Nigerian, I also personally see a lot of Chinese and Malaysian students around the campus before corona virus.

You study at the university?
You study at the university?

Yeah, I've been at the uni for 3-4 years. I think the university is rather inclusive and as someone has said before I've met more people in my course that are from abroad than are from Scotland.
Reply 8
Original post by Jwizzle2992
Yeah, I've been at the uni for 3-4 years. I think the university is rather inclusive and as someone has said before I've met more people in my course that are from abroad than are from Scotland.

What about south Asian students?
What about south Asian students?

I've met a few people from India and Bangladesh, other than that I couldn't say about how much are at the university in general. The university has a range of societies, I believe there is an Indian one to help meet fellow Indians but as for other South Asian countries I couldn't say. I think there is also an international society for meeting other students from around the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending