The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 3: 9EC0 03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

How did the exam go?
I think it went quite well!
Did not go well unfortunately
Reply 43
I feel like it’s really hard, I suspect getting around 50-60/100. Hoping the boundaries gonna low this year.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Abzdot
I think it went quite well!

I think it went quite well too apart from that income elasticity question. The 25 markers were nice although I wish I could’ve used more application though. Section B was defo better than Section A.
For the absolute advantage one what diagram or numeric data did you need to use?
Original post by Caprisan
For the absolute advantage one what diagram or numeric data did you need to use?

the specialization PPF diagram, we didn’t need two KAAs for that did we?
Original post by User3858395
the specialization PPF diagram, we didn’t need two KAAs for that did we?

Oops I thought that was for comparative welp, I think you need two KAAs since it’s a 12 marker.
Oops I thought that was for comparative welp, I think you need two KAAs since it’s a 12 marker.

I sacrificed both 2nds 12 mark KAAs but hopefully it’s balanced out bc I had enough time for the 25 marker
Was doing well till I ran out of time and only managed to get a macro point in and not micro. I also forgot to put in judgement of each of my 25 markers😭 still evaluated each point tho. How many marks would I lose for a 25 marker if I don’t put a judgement in but evaluated all my points?
What grade boundaries you reckon this year will be overall for grades A and B?

It depends how you draw it^
Reply 51
for the absolute adv one i just drew a comparative absolute advantage grid with some numbers of machinery and flowers, for kenya and netherlands and just ran it through. I think you can draw the comparative + absolute diagram as well
Not a clue what the lewis model was
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Woah44
for the absolute adv one i just drew a comparative absolute advantage grid with some numbers of machinery and flowers, for kenya and netherlands and just ran it through. I think you can draw the comparative + absolute diagram as well

I just didnt draw it since I thought it only applied to comparative oh well my answer is limited fml 😭
Original post by joepatricktaylor
Not a clue what the lewis model was

I was so glad I went through the spec in my revision or else I wouldn’t have either

The diagram can show both a comparative and absolute advantage. If you show that a country produces a good or service with fewer factors of production, you can use the comparative advantage PPF
I jizzed on the last 25 marker it was beautiful but sadly can't say the same for rest of that section. I mixed up absolute and comparative advantage and made up what the Lewis model is (said it was about reducing CA deficit in long run!!)
Reply 57
Felt questions were generally very good, only limiting factor was time so i only did one point and eval for my 8 marker 😓
Original post by TwistedLemon25
What where the questions for both section A and B - can anyone give me a rundown of the exam?

Why?
Reply 59
There was 1 section on financial markets and the other was on monopoly market structures
Original post by TwistedLemon25
What where the questions for both section A and B - can anyone give me a rundown of the exam?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending