The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 3: 9EC0 03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Woah44
Considering question was about Kenya/developing economies, i assume you will lose application marks

Adding to this, you will still gain knowledge, analysis and evaluation marks but improper application means you can't access the level 4 analysis band
Reply 81
Original post by r312789
Yes

Ok cool! And on results day do we get a breakdown of our marks for each separate paper?
Original post by R S
Ok cool! And on results day do we get a breakdown of our marks for each separate paper?

I think your teacher will receive your marks for each question and each paper (not sure if the marks for each question are recieved by results day)
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by r312789
Adding to this, you will still gain knowledge, analysis and evaluation marks but improper application means you can't access the level 4 analysis band

U Sure?
Original post by Malik Khattab
For 2nd 25 marker, if you talked only about interest rates in Uk how many marks can one get?

My slime sorry to tell u this but the UK is not a developing economy
Original post by Woah44
Considering question was about Kenya/developing economies, i assume you will lose application marks

But the developing country question wasn’t about interest rates? Was it?
Original post by Malik Khattab
U Sure?

Yes, it said so in one of the previous examiner reports
Original post by sealaandians
My slime sorry to tell u this but the UK is not a developing economy

My g, I ready deeped that, but there is a possibility to get marks for theory
I got so confused with the externality one I wrote negative externality of consumption because of the packaging when the dispose it it leads to more landfill waste and pollution idk I feel like I waffled and it should have been production externality instead
Original post by User3858395

There was a choice of questions
Reply 90
Original post by r312789
I think your teacher will receive your marks for each question and each paper (not sure if the marks for each question are recieved by results day)

But when you get your grade will it tell you as well your percentages on each paper?
Reply 91
Original post by User3858395

Pretty sure it was, said Kenya or a developing country of your choice. I might be wrong but that's what i did. One of the extracts also talked about interest rates in Kenya affecting investment
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by R S
But when you get your grade will it tell you as well your percentages on each paper?

It won't say on your results sheet unless your school gives it to you separately
Original post by r312789
Yes, it said so in one of the previous examiner reports

If u don’t mind, drop be that examiners report or do you know what paper that was?

Much appreciated.
Reply 94
after all 3 papers, any prediction for the grade boundaries for an A this year?
Original post by HoangK

66%
Original post by HoangK

It's impossible to predict the grade boundaries. We don't know how everyone did on the paper. What we do know is that the grade distribution (not boundaries) will lean towards more A*s and As
If it helps, in 2019, round 71.6% was needed for an A (240/335) and 80% for an A* (268/335)
Original post by r312789
If it helps, in 2019, round 71.6% was needed for an A (240/335) and 80% for an A* (268/335)

I’m inclined to assume grade boundaries for A* will be 78%, I doubt it’d be higher as the midpoints for years 2019 and 2021 lie at 77%. The Government stated that grade boundaries will be below 2019 and above 2021.
what you guys wrote for the macro and micro strategies to promote development?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending