The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Official University of Westminster 2023 Applicant Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uknown568
hi , now they haven’t replied to me I applied around the 19th of Jan I did ask on the live chat how long it would take and they said around 4 weeks as there is a lot of people applying at the moment. I’m worried if I would get an unsuccessful.

Also what is a fee assessment sheet I’ve never heard of it ?

The form was a set of questions to determine whether or not I'll have to pay the home or the overseas tution fee. They probably made me do it as they were unsure of my immigration status (im not born in the uk)- I had to submit scanned pictures of visa, passport and the fee assessment form through the portal. Maybe that step only applies to a select few :smile:

Try not to stress about it too much I think they give offers out majority of the time. What other universities have you applied to?
(edited 1 year ago)
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Original post by Brrrrrrrrrr6
The form was a set of questions to determine whether or not I'll have to pay the home or the overseas tution fee. They probably made me do it as they're were unsure of my immigration status (im not born in the uk)- I had to submit scanned pictures of visa, passport and the fee assessment form through the portal. Maybe that step only applies to a select few :smile:

Try not to stress about it too much I think they give offers out majority of the time. What other universities have you applied to?

Hi , thanks for clarifying that!
I’ve applied to east london, west london, Kingston, Westminister and London Met. They’re not the best Unis this is because i do not have some pass grades in my GCSES yet. What about you what unis did you apply too?
Hi , thanks for clarifying that!
I’ve applied to east london, west london, Kingston, Westminister and London Met. They’re not the best Unis this is because i do not have some pass grades in my GCSES yet. What about you what unis did you apply too?

Surrey, Reading, Hertfordshire, westminster, AND KINGSTON TOO :biggrin:

I also had to apply for "lower" unis too like westminster and Kingston because I'm doing a course thats not accepted by all universities. Also higher ranked unis (Russell group) aren't accredited by IBMS, I think that's because they push twoards research jobs.

In case you don't know, west london's biomedical science course isn't accredited.

What jobs are you planning to pursue?
Surrey, Reading, Hertfordshire, westminster, AND KINGSTON TOO :biggrin:

I also had to apply for "lower" unis too like westminster and Kingston because I'm doing a course thats not accepted by all universities. Also higher ranked unis (Russell group) aren't accredited by IBMS, I think that's because they push twoards research jobs.

In case you don't know, west london's biomedical science course isn't accredited.

What jobs are you planning to pursue?

Thank you for telling me I didn’t know West London Biomedical Science is not accredited!

I do applied science level 3 btec and a language alevel I’m predicted good grades even though they are higher then what I think I’d get ! the only problem with why I applied to lower ranked is because I do not have my maths and science gcse yet I didn’t have a great time in high school. I would like to go into medicine in the future but if not I do not mind carrying on being a biomedical scientist or a physician associate in the future!
what about you?
Thank you for telling me I didn’t know West London Biomedical Science is not accredited!

I do applied science level 3 btec and a language alevel I’m predicted good grades even though they are higher then what I think I’d get ! the only problem with why I applied to lower ranked is because I do not have my maths and science gcse yet I didn’t have a great time in high school. I would like to go into medicine in the future but if not I do not mind carrying on being a biomedical scientist or a physician associate in the future!
what about you?

I was actually considering west london too UNTIL I FOUND OUT IT WASN'T ACCREDITED NOO! THEY NEARLY TRAPPED ME 😭

I'm sorry for the horrible time you experinced, secondary school was truly the worst! :frown:However, I've been told that going to lower ranking universities doesn't matter as you can still excel regardless :smile:

Biomedical scientist or something with genetics or stem cells would be fun I think. But to be honest, I do worry about not enjoying the course as much as I thought and I do tend to forget the basics (a bit embarrassing). I've never been the smartest in science...so yeah im worrying lol

Also westminster still haven't replied 🧍🏻*♀️
I was actually considering west london too UNTIL I FOUND OUT IT WASN'T ACCREDITED NOO! THEY NEARLY TRAPPED ME 😭

I'm sorry for the horrible time you experinced, secondary school was truly the worst! :frown:However, I've been told that going to lower ranking universities doesn't matter as you can still excel regardless :smile:

Biomedical scientist or something with genetics or stem cells would be fun I think. But to be honest, I do worry about not enjoying the course as much as I thought and I do tend to forget the basics (a bit embarrassing). I've never been the smartest in science...so yeah im worrying lol

Also westminster still haven't replied 🧍🏻*♀️

On my ucas I tried to add unis that are all accredited! I didn’t realise west was not , and yes I agree I do not think it matters which university you really go to if you get a high overall grade at the end of the course that’s what really matters!

I relate to you so much I think the same thing sometimes I think am I going to do a course that I really would love to do as a job in the future , as I haven’t passed my science gcses i think to myself how am I going to do biomedical science when I do not know the basics too , I tend to forget things easily too! Hopefully we enjoy our time in biomedical science

I’m thinking about putting westminister then east London as my two choices as east London wants a lower grade which I want to put as my backup. Kingston is kinda far from me and wants high grades from my exams I took couple of days ago. West definitely not as it’s not accredited as you just told me ! London metropolitan has given me an offer but they asked me for grades for alevels and not btec which I’m confused and emailed them about I do not think about going there either.
On my ucas I tried to add unis that are all accredited! I didn’t realise west was not , and yes I agree I do not think it matters which university you really go to if you get a high overall grade at the end of the course that’s what really matters!

I relate to you so much I think the same thing sometimes I think am I going to do a course that I really would love to do as a job in the future , as I haven’t passed my science gcses i think to myself how am I going to do biomedical science when I do not know the basics too , I tend to forget things easily too! Hopefully we enjoy our time in biomedical science

I’m thinking about putting westminister then east London as my two choices as east London wants a lower grade which I want to put as my backup. Kingston is kinda far from me and wants high grades from my exams I took couple of days ago. West definitely not as it’s not accredited as you just told me ! London metropolitan has given me an offer but they asked me for grades for alevels and not btec which I’m confused and emailed them about I do not think about going there either.

Im glad I'm not the only one experiencing this- I begin to question my capabilities and my future. I hope they teach the basics in first year because my knowledge feels non existent 😭 maybe in the summer holidays we can read up on some of the topics and pretend we're gifted geniuses in first year:eek:

Majority of my friends did triple science and further maths while I stayed in combined science and died at normal maths lol, I ended up with avarage grades. Theyre good friends but hanging out with then has really damaged the way I think about myself to be honest. Now my grades became an insecurity.

From what I know- London met is one of the most miserable university out there so I wouldn't recommend it. I'd stick with westminster, Kingston, east london :smile: I'm planning on going to Reading but the distance freaks me out!
(edited 1 year ago)
Im glad I'm not the only one experiencing this- I begin to question my capabilities and my future. I hope they teach the basics in first year because my knowledge feels non existent 😭 maybe in the summer holidays we can read up on some of the topics and pretend we're gifted geniuses in first year:eek:

Majority of my friends did triple science and further maths while I stayed in combined science and died at normal maths lol, I ended up with avarage grades. Theyre good friends but hanging out with then has really damaged the way I think about myself to be honest. Now my grades became an insecurity.

From what I know- London met is one of the most miserable university out there so I wouldn't recommend it. I'd stick with westminster, Kingston, east london :smile: I'm planning on going to Reading but the distance freaks me out!

yes hopefully the first year will be easy to be honest people always told me that id never make it due to not passing my gcse science and maths it’s too subjects I don’t find that easy especially maths.
Having friends that are smart is a nice thing to see but it does damage you in a certain way. Now thinking I feel like I will struggle in university as I do not know the basics. Tbh east didn’t require a maths gcse from me but me having it will be good for the future although I’m doing a level 2 at the moment.

Summer is a good idea if we start reading the modules and seeing the certain topics involved within the course

Reading is good! I wanted to go out London first but then I sticked to London as I feel like I wouldn’t be able to do it outside London. I feel like it’s a good experience to go out and live out far.
yes hopefully the first year will be easy to be honest people always told me that id never make it due to not passing my gcse science and maths it’s too subjects I don’t find that easy especially maths.
Having friends that are smart is a nice thing to see but it does damage you in a certain way. Now thinking I feel like I will struggle in university as I do not know the basics. Tbh east didn’t require a maths gcse from me but me having it will be good for the future although I’m doing a level 2 at the moment.

Summer is a good idea if we start reading the modules and seeing the certain topics involved within the course

Reading is good! I wanted to go out London first but then I sticked to London as I feel like I wouldn’t be able to do it outside London. I feel like it’s a good experience to go out and live out far.

I think you can make it regardless of what people say and things will hopefully be fine after we're at a university. I do think that reading over the summer will be the best thing to do as first year the basics of biomedical science. People who did a level in biology and chemistry will find it fine as some of the content is similar to a level (at least from what I've read on TSR)

Its one train ride for me to get to Central London (and Westminster lol) but I think I do prefer a more peaceful and quiet environment. Although I dont want to live with my family, I am worried about the long distance and being independent for the first time...yikes
I think you can make it regardless of what people say and things will hopefully be fine after we're at a university. I do think that reading over the summer will be the best thing to do as first year the basics of biomedical science. People who did a level in biology and chemistry will find it fine as some of the content is similar to a level (at least from what I've read on TSR)

Its one train ride for me to get to Central London (and Westminster lol) but I think I do prefer a more peaceful and quiet environment. Although I dont want to live with my family, I am worried about the long distance and being independent for the first time...yikes

Is the basics of biomedical science*

I agree , one thing people tell me the most is that I can not go into medicine with my low gcses and retakes in them , worst case I do think you can start with foundation but that’s undergrad so I’m not too sure. Yes I feel like Alevel science is a heads up before biomedical science.

One train ride is not bad but I do completely understand it sounds scary to travel by yourself but I think you will adapt quickly at first it will be different but overtime you will get used to it and can I ask did u get a offer for reading and do they want high grades ?
I agree , one thing people tell me the most is that I can not go into medicine with my low gcses and retakes in them , worst case I do think you can start with foundation but that’s undergrad so I’m not too sure. Yes I feel like Alevel science is a heads up before biomedical science.

One train ride is not bad but I do completely understand it sounds scary to travel by yourself but I think you will adapt quickly at first it will be different but overtime you will get used to it and can I ask did u get a offer for reading and do they want high grades ?

I got a conditional offer from Reading and the requirements are a bit high but manageable- for a levels its BBB and for my course its 24 Distinctions and 21 merit. Surrey is higher than that and I'm a bit conflicted with picking it.

I've never traveled nearly 2 hours away by myself before so its a bit jarring but you're right I'll get used to it. I have to live in halls regardless of university to be honest, I want to be closer to everything and hopefully make good friends (I hope I hope I hope I meet amazing people).

Are you planning to stay in halls?
I got a conditional offer from Reading and the requirements are a bit high but manageable- for a levels its BBB and for my course its 24 Distinctions and 21 merit. Surrey is higher than that and I'm a bit conflicted with picking it.

I've never traveled nearly 2 hours away by myself before so its a bit jarring but you're right I'll get used to it. I have to live in halls regardless of university to be honest, I want to be closer to everything and hopefully make good friends (I hope I hope I hope I meet amazing people).

Are you planning to stay in halls?

BBB is not too bad you will get them grades hopefully or even higher! Can I ask what do you study at the moment

Surrey I heard from before it’s a good uni! And I also hope to make friends in uni that’s one of the things i mostly think about as I will be going by myself without no one I know. I think it’s important to have good friends I feel like there’s dangerous and weird people in uni when it comes to certain things.

also I’m staying at home I will be travelling by train the distance Is not too bad I think I will manage it in the future and hopefully you do too!
BBB is not too bad you will get them grades hopefully or even higher! Can I ask what do you study at the moment

Surrey I heard from before it’s a good uni! And I also hope to make friends in uni that’s one of the things i mostly think about as I will be going by myself without no one I know. I think it’s important to have good friends I feel like there’s dangerous and weird people in uni when it comes to certain things.

also I’m staying at home I will be travelling by train the distance Is not too bad I think I will manage it in the future and hopefully you do too!

Im doing an access to HE diploma in science as the a levels I've done do not relate to science at all 😭 it was during my gap year that I decided to change paths. I do biology and physics modules :smile:

I've heard horror stories from my friends that are in uni so I'm going to be extra careful with people. I really hope you find really good friends at uni! I'm introverted so I have to get myself out there and get out of my comfort zone:eek: I plan on joining societies too to hopefully meet some friends.
Reply 34
hey y'all! my name is isa, i'm an international student from the usa, and i applied to westminster for history!! did anyone else apply for the same course/receive an offer?
Original post by isahko
hey y'all! my name is isa, i'm an international student from the usa, and i applied to westminster for history!! did anyone else apply for the same course/receive an offer?

Hi ! , I do not know anyone that applied to westminster , I applied for biomedical science and it my first choice uni to go too! I’m waiting for there response I have not got a offer yet , what about you?
After looking through here and Facebook groups, I've noticed many of us are struggling to find people from our own courses. I feel like many of us may be missing posts from people that someone else might have seen but ignored because it wasn't their course. Should we make a group chat on Instagram maybe for people struggling to find anyone on their course and we can keep each other updated if we see anything?
Reply 37
Original post by Hella_Snowy
After looking through here and Facebook groups, I've noticed many of us are struggling to find people from our own courses. I feel like many of us may be missing posts from people that someone else might have seen but ignored because it wasn't their course. Should we make a group chat on Instagram maybe for people struggling to find anyone on their course and we can keep each other updated if we see anything?

i’ve noticed the same thing!! i would be down to have a gc for applicants/offer holders :smile:
Original post by isahko
i’ve noticed the same thing!! i would be down to have a gc for applicants/offer holders :smile:

Great, my Instagram is joshh.snowden, I’ll make a group chat if enough people from here like this idea.
Original post by Hella_Snowy
Great, my Instagram is joshh.snowden, I’ll make a group chat if enough people from here like this idea.

Hi , is this for uni of Westminster applicants ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending