The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Is Westminster a good uni?

I applied to Westminster as my ‘safe choice’ since my course is not offered by a great deal of universities. However, I actually feel that I’ve grown a preference for the course and vibe of Westminster over a few of my higher uni choices which have better ranking etc. Could anyone share their experiences of Westminster? Could it still be beneficial to attend this uni despite being over entry requirements? I just worry that it has a weaker reputation and may not do me any favours later on. Would value any thoughts! (For context my course is language/business related).
Original post by Anonymous #1
I applied to Westminster as my ‘safe choice’ since my course is not offered by a great deal of universities. However, I actually feel that I’ve grown a preference for the course and vibe of Westminster over a few of my higher uni choices which have better ranking etc. Could anyone share their experiences of Westminster? Could it still be beneficial to attend this uni despite being over entry requirements? I just worry that it has a weaker reputation and may not do me any favours later on. Would value any thoughts! (For context my course is language/business related).

My friend went to this uni and she was consistently sexually and racially abused there both by faculty and other students. Also the quality of teaching is abhorrent
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
I attended this university for 3 months before I dropped out. Most probably the worst experience of my life. The teaching is awful, tutors and lecturers just do not seem to care about well being. I went because of the location, Central London, which I thought was going to be one of the decisions - it is expensive, consistent TFL strikes, does not care about wellbeing. The university itself is very money orientated. With accommodation they did not help, so I had to go private and left me with no money for food, social or travel expenses.

I just personally think that there are better unis in the UK.
Original post by Anonymous #1

no
Reply 4
Hi OP

Which course? I get very concerned that people write off universities without knowing the subject - the best places for nursing, allied medical degrees, teacher training etc are often very different to the highest ranking for physics or history.
Original post by ajj2000
Hi OP

Which course? I get very concerned that people write off universities without knowing the subject - the best places for nursing, allied medical degrees, teacher training etc are often very different to the highest ranking for physics or history.

even if Westminster is #1 for Medicine, you still wouldn't want to go there if you've ever visited

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending