The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science Paper 2 Higher Tier (8464/C/2H) -13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by User_Fish
How did everyone find it? I just didn't know what to write for that 2 marker about how concentration wouldn't effect the equilibrium

waffle on for a bit you should be alright
what did everyone get for the two reasons why crude oil wasn't a formulation??
Reply 42
what did people write for the 3 mark on why Rf value changes with chromotography paper?
Reply 43
Original post by fruitboots123
what did you guys get for the moles question?

which one was the moles one
Reply 44
Original post by M4teri4IGworI
what did everyone get for the two reasons why crude oil wasn't a formulation??

put it was naturally made as opposed to man-made formulations
doesn't serve a specific purpose/function or smth abt its uses
Original post by Nsjsbs
put it was naturally made as opposed to man-made formulations
doesn't serve a specific purpose/function or smth abt its uses

okay, thank you!
Reply 46
Original post by FFFFFWR
what did people write for the 3 mark on why Rf value changes with chromotography paper?

It's to do with how attracted they were to the paper
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 47
How did everyone find it? I just didn't know what to write for that 2 marker about how concentration wouldn't effect the equilibrium

If the reaction is in dynamic equilibrium, the rate of forward reaction equals the rate of backward reaction in a closed system. As a result, the volume of reactants and products will stay constant, so the concentration will therefore also stay constant (concentration = g/vol or mol/vol).

There was a moles question?? Which one was it?

There was a moles qs? I don’t really remember it?
Original post by FFFFFWR

I just waffled about affinity to the stationary phase, not sure how you'd get all 3 marks though.
Reply 51
Original post by NoobyBlockington
I just waffled about affinity to the stationary phase, not sure how you'd get all 3 marks though.

I said:

the stationary phase changes
the dye now has a different force of attraction to the stationary phase
the dye will now move up the paper at a different rate, and therefore a different distance

just praying for a mark at least
Reply 52
Original post by FFFFFWR

well it said to use the table so i just talked about how the dye length changing leads to a change in the rf value
Reply 53

Rate of forward reaction = rate of reverse reaction

products converted to reactants at same rate as reactants to product

no overall change in the amount of reactants and product present
Reply 54
Original post by williamdouglas
did everyone get 0.313 for the last question?
0.9 for the Rf value?
0.31 for the question asking for X?

i got 0.250 for the last one
Reply 55
Original post by williamdouglas
did everyone get 0.313 for the last question?
0.9 for the Rf value?
0.31 for the question asking for X?

0.9 for rf value
and 0.301 for last question
and 0.31 asking for x
Reply 56
For the tick box question about like alcohol and carboxylic acids - can anyone remember what the question was? I put oxidising agent? It might have been water? Help!?
Reply 57
Such a good exam!
Forgot to do 3 s.f. because I forgot the numbers after 0 need to be 3, oh well :/ only lost 1 mark that I know of. Got 0.10 but it would've been 0.096 if I understood it agh.
Also, the equilibrium one confused me so much. I said it stays the same because it didn't specify whether the forward/reverse reaction was exothermic or endothermic. So I thought the equilibrium position would stay the same.
Defo got 0.9 for Rf values.
Can't remember what I got for the X value someone will have to remind me of the numbers (if they remember) but I did the inverse of finding the mean.
Loved Q2 Q3 and kinda liked Q5 also.
Where did the oxides of nitrogen come from?
Reply 58
Original post by FFFFFWR
For the tick box question about like alcohol and carboxylic acids - can anyone remember what the question was? I put oxidising agent? It might have been water? Help!?

Oxidising agent is correct. The question was what is needed to change ethanol into ethanoic acid. I Don’t remember the different options but ur right
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 59
Original post by da1708
Such a good exam!
Forgot to do 3 s.f. because I forgot the numbers after 0 need to be 3, oh well :/ only lost 1 mark that I know of. Got 0.10 but it would've been 0.096 if I understood it agh.
Also, the equilibrium one confused me so much. I said it stays the same because it didn't specify whether the forward/reverse reaction was exothermic or endothermic. So I thought the equilibrium position would stay the same.
Defo got 0.9 for Rf values.
Can't remember what I got for the X value someone will have to remind me of the numbers (if they remember) but I did the inverse of finding the mean.
Loved Q2 Q3 and kinda liked Q5 also.
Where did the oxides of nitrogen come from?

put the surrounding atmosphere
dk if its right tho
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending