The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Science Paper 2 Higher Tier (8464/C/2H) -13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

(Original post by da1708)Such a good exam!
Forgot to do 3 s.f. because I forgot the numbers after 0 need to be 3, oh well :/ only lost 1 mark that I know of. Got 0.10 but it would've been 0.096 if I understood it agh.
Also, the equilibrium one confused me so much. I said it stays the same because it didn't specify whether the forward/reverse reaction was exothermic or endothermic. So I thought the equilibrium position would stay the same.
Defo got 0.9 for Rf values.
Can't remember what I got for the X value someone will have to remind me of the numbers (if they remember) but I did the inverse of finding the mean.
Loved Q2 Q3 and kinda liked Q5 also.
Where did the oxides of nitrogen come from?

i said the air
Reply 61
Did anyone see a question near the back involving plotting coordinates or something??? Think I missed the question- If so how many marks???
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by beverlxyyy
I curved it

but i thought line of best fit is meant be a straight line with an equal number of x on both sides?
Original post by rosieburton123
Forgot to do 3 s.f. because I forgot the numbers after 0 need to be 3, oh well :/ only lost 1 mark that I know of. Got 0.10 but it would've been 0.096 if I understood it agh.
Also, the equilibrium one confused me so much. I said it stays the same because it didn't specify whether the forward/reverse reaction was exothermic or endothermic. So I thought the equilibrium position would stay the same.
Can't remember what I got for the X value someone will have to remind me of the numbers (if they remember) but I did the inverse of finding the mean.

i said the air

for the equilibrium one it told us that it was an exothermic reaction so the forward part is exothermic and backwards is endothermic, so the answer was it moves to the left because the reaction GAINED heat.
Reply 64
Whiz question was the crude oil one I hope I didn't miss a page the one about formulation crude oil
(edited 10 months ago)
Can you please help with chromatography 6 marker question(
Original post by williamdouglas
did everyone get 0.313 for the last question?
0.9 for the Rf value?
0.31 for the question asking for X?

i got 0.306
Original post by acolourfulhuman
i got 0.306

i got 0.326
Original post by rosieburton123

i said the air

i said the air too!!!! i was so nervous like it felt like it was supposed to be something else
Did anyone say that carbon monoxide was hard to detect as it is colourless?
Original post by propergoodman
Did anyone say that carbon monoxide was hard to detect as it is colourless?

yeah i said that :gthumb:
Reply 71
Original post by no one cares
but i thought line of best fit is meant be a straight line with an equal number of x on both sides?

In this question the line should be straight as it didn't follow a direct curve, the points fluctuated. You can do a curve only if all the points aline as a curve.
yeah i said that :gthumb:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by ahmed_salem209
Can you please help with chromatography 6 marker question(

i put something like this
1 - draw a pencil line across the chromatography paper, 1 - 2 cm from the bottom.
2 - use a pipette or capillary tube to add small spots black ink to the line on the paper.
3 - place the paper into a container with a suitable solvent in the bottom.
4 - allow the solvent to move through the paper, but remove the chromatogram before it reaches the top. allow the chromatogram to dry, then measure the distance travelled by each spot and by the solvent, 5 - Calculate the Rf value of each spot: and compare to other known substances
Reply 74
Original post by M4teri4IGworI
omg that question stumped me ;-; I put magnesium oxide (?) but I didn't know the reason

Sorry to break it to you, but... it wasn't spelled as magnesium. I thought so as well before I re-read it. That was a real eye-boggler!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 75
Original post by RL Greninja
It's to do with how attracted they were to the paper

What. Was this combined trilogy? I didn't see this question. I only saw the question where it said to calculate the RF value.
Reply 76
i said the air too!!!! i was so nervous like it felt like it was supposed to be something else

I said:
"In the context of the question (car engine) it comes from fossil fuels, but it originated from volcanoes in the early years of earth."
I just want to know how everyone got 0.3 something for the last question because i got 1.50? Were u not meant to only calculate the gradient using the tangent? SOMEONE HELP IM SO LOST.
Reply 78
Original post by FFFFFWR
what did people write for the 3 mark on why Rf value changes with chromatography paper?

Was this triple/combined?
Reply 79
Original post by Ahmad06
What. Was this combined trilogy? I didn't see this question. I only saw the question where it said to calculate the RF value.

My bad, I was on the wrong area. I do Triple instead of Combined, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending