The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Aberdeen

HI , I just received the result from Aberdeen, I have been put on waitlist. What chances I stand of getting an offer if anyone knows ?
Original post by Mike800
HI , I just received the result from Aberdeen, I have been put on waitlist. What chances I stand of getting an offer if anyone knows ?

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account here. It's very difficult to say, as being on a waitlist may mean your offer is dependent on how many other people accept their places on the course. Unfortunately there is no definite answer to what your chance of getting in is as it will depend on how many people have applied to the course and gotten offers during this intake.
Really sorry that we cannot advise further, but if you did have concerns and would like a more solid answer you can email [email protected] and if you can let us know what waitlist you are on we'll hopefully be able to help further.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
I went there last year and 3/4 my flatmates and myself all got in through clearing. Maybe suggests they'll have lots of spare places. I imagine that they'd rather someone on the waitlist with a personal statement than someone who they barely know on results day
Hi, just want to reply to the above saying that yes we do often have spaces for a lot of courses in Clearing. It will depend what programme it is you're on the waitlist for however, as subjects like Medicine do not enter Clearing and Law can be very limited for places for example. Not sure if you contacted us already op but if you wanted more info about Clearing let us know.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending