The Student Room Group

The Dentistry in Bulgaria thread 2023/24

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I’m going to go to 4th year of dental school in plovdiv. Your a level grades are good, well done!

I cannot speak on Sofia, but Plovdiv is great and there are many uk students too. You will also have the chance to integrate with German, Greek, Italian, Turkish students and students from outside of Europe too!

Hope this helps !
If you need any more guidance you can PM me and I will try to advise you as best I can :smile:
Hi there, I want to apply in Bulgaria for medicine, does ABB in a levels meet the requirements?
Original post by BlackWidow09
Hi there, I want to apply in Bulgaria for medicine, does ABB in a levels meet the requirements?

Yes it does! Best of luck with your application! And I recommend you apply soon as you can to allow you more options!
Anyone planning to apply for next year?
Reply 24
Original post by BulgarianDentist
send me a private message on here and then we'll go from there :smile:

Id like to study dentistry in Bulgaria to but i only got BCC (chem,bio,maths) in my a levels this year Im thinking of taking a gap year and applying next year with these a levels would i have a good chance of entering the top 3 unis in Bulgaria (Varna,plovdiv,sofia)?
Reply 25
Hi, is it required to write the English test for Sofia uni if you're a British citizen?
Original post by sarahsaj33
Hi, is it required to write the English test for Sofia uni if you're a British citizen?

No you don’t
Original post by Alisko
Id like to study dentistry in Bulgaria to but i only got BCC (chem,bio,maths) in my a levels this year Im thinking of taking a gap year and applying next year with these a levels would i have a good chance of entering the top 3 unis in Bulgaria (Varna,plovdiv,sofia)?

It’s hard for me to say with confidence because I know they slightly raised the entry requirements for plovdiv - I’m not sure what to, however.

see if you can find out from an agency. I strongly advise against taking a gap year if you’re planning to go to Bulgaria. Sofia is still open for applications but closes very soon.

do what you can, soon as you can :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by sarahsaj33

I am a British citizen applying for Sofia and there is an English comprehension test. it's not hard.
Reply 29
Original post by DEVPAT
Hi

Are there anyone here that is applying for dentistry in bulgaria for 2023?

thanks

I am applying to Sofia for dentistry.
Reply 30
Original post by Amira beg
I’m thinking of going to Bulgaria Ito study dentistry . I got ABB in my A-levels yesterday . One of the Uk Universities will hold my place till next year asa conditional offer
I have to retake the Bs and get them As . Not sure if I do this or just go to Bulgaria

Hi I got the same results and I am apply to Sofia Bulgaria for dentistry. I applied for medicine in the UK but realised afterwards I want to

do dentistry instead. I don't really want to take a gap year because I feel like I am just gonna get lazy.
Original post by Husna1
Hi I got the same results and I am apply to Sofia Bulgaria for dentistry. I applied for medicine in the UK but realised afterwards I want to

do dentistry instead. I don't really want to take a gap year because I feel like I am just gonna get lazy.

So you’re willing to spend 6 years of your life in Bulgaria just because you don’t want to take a gap year? Take a gap year, resit or apply for foundation year
Reply 32
Original post by B7861
So you’re willing to spend 6 years of your life in Bulgaria just because you don’t want to take a gap year? Take a gap year, resit or apply for foundation year

Chances to get into dentistry for UK is much lower than Bulgaria.
Original post by DEVPAT
Hi

Are there anyone here that is applying for dentistry in bulgaria for 2023?

thanks

Yes I am, do you know any WhatsApp groups of other people doing dentistry at varna for this year?
Reply 34
No you don’t

Hi

I've been informed you do have to take the English exam double check.

thanks
Reply 35
Original post by Amira beg
I’m thinking of going to Bulgaria Ito study dentistry . I got ABB in my A-levels yesterday . One of the Uk Universities will hold my place till next year asa conditional offer
I have to retake the Bs and get them As . Not sure if I do this or just go to Bulgaria

home better....try
Reply 36
Original post by saraaaaa1x
Anyone planning to apply for next year?

yes ...how you preparing test
Original post by sadiabokhari14
Hi
My query is regarding dentistry admission in Bulgaria.
If anyone can guide and compare between Plovdiv and Sofia ? In dentistry.
Also if anyone in same boat as I am. I am waiting for Plovdiv admission outcome. Given their entrance test. Got A Level results and got A in Bio and Maths and B in Chem.
I am giving Sofia entrance exam on 6th Oct.
Look forward to hear
Ali

Hey how did you find the Plovdiv entrance exam and if you did it how did it go? Also if you’re doing the Sofia entry test, do you have any idea of the exam format and what to expect etc
Reply 38
Hi! Well done for completing your A Levels! You’re one step closer to becoming a dentist. I wouldn’t advise taking a gap year if you intend on going to Bulgaria in the end. You’ll realise time is very valuable and the sooner you can start your course, the sooner you can finish! I would say is there might be a chance if you try Varna but I don’t think plovdiv or Sofia will accept a D in chem I’m afraid. Don’t be afraid to try! You never know what could happen! I wish you the best of luck!

Hi
Which year are u in? How is dentistry in Plovdiv?
Reply 39
Original post by Jav786pk
yes ...how you preparing test

My daughter will be applying for dentistry at Plovdiv for 2024

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending