The Student Room Group

The Dentistry in Bulgaria thread 2023/24

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shazjaved
My daughter will be applying for dentistry at Plovdiv for 2024

Hi, I’m also applying to Plovdiv for 2024 and I’m going with the agency medconnect as they provide resources for the entrance exam
Reply 41
Original post by saraaaaa1x
Anyone planning to apply for next year?

Hi
My daughter will be for Plovdiv
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I’m also applying to Plovdiv for 2024 and I’m going with the agency medconnect as they provide resources for the entrance exam

Hi
We are also going with them . They seem to have good reviews We’re still anxious about her going abroad but doing our research.
Looking into dentistry in Plovdiv or Medicine at plovdiv
Hi
We are also going with them . They seem to have good reviews We’re still anxious about her going abroad but doing our research.
Looking into dentistry in Plovdiv or Medicine at plovdiv

Plovdiv is definitely the best dental/medical school to apply especially in Bulgaria
Original post by BulgarianDentist
Hello! I’m probably biased because I study in plovdiv, but I would say plovdiv and Sofia are top two. If you do not get accepted there, try Varna. I wish you the best of luck !

hey i was wondering if agencies like inter secs secure your place
Reply 45
Hi! I’m going to go to 4th year of dental school in plovdiv. Your a level grades are good, well done!

I cannot speak on Sofia, but Plovdiv is great and there are many uk students too. You will also have the chance to integrate with German, Greek, Italian, Turkish students and students from outside of Europe too!

Hope this helps !
If you need any more guidance you can PM me and I will try to advise you as best I can :smile:

Hi
Hope ur well
How would u say the Facilities are for your practicals?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by saraaaaa1x
Anyone planning to apply for next year?

We are planning for 2024, but undecided whether to do medicine or dentistry
Hi im thinking of applying to Plovdiv for dentsitry but my grades in biology and chemistry are CC is that enough or.. im also thinking of retaking my A-levels but im not sure how I would do that and apply alongside because they wouldnt take predicted grades..?
Original post by hasanaisha901
Hi im thinking of applying to Plovdiv for dentsitry but my grades in biology and chemistry are CC is that enough or.. im also thinking of retaking my A-levels but im not sure how I would do that and apply alongside because they wouldnt take predicted grades..?

Hi I have applied to a university in Spain and they accepted predicted grades, just like the UK
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by ZARA404
I recently got my a level grades two C's (psych and bio) and I only got one D :frown: (in chem) I want to go study dentistry in Bulgaria next year and I am thinking to apply early. I got all 7s and 8s in my GCSES.
Will they still accept me even if I have a D? I did research and apparently they look mostly at how people perform in the entrance exam and don't really entirely look at a levels. Im really stressing about this and I'm scared that I won't be able to get into uni.. I tend to overthink a lot so I already have other options planned like nursing or optometry in the UK if this doesn't work out.. is anyone else in a similar situation?

Exact same grades!!b
Hi! I’m going to go to 4th year of dental school in plovdiv. Your a level grades are good, well done!

I cannot speak on Sofia, but Plovdiv is great and there are many uk students too. You will also have the chance to integrate with German, Greek, Italian, Turkish students and students from outside of Europe too!

Hope this helps !
If you need any more guidance you can PM me and I will try to advise you as best I can :smile:

Hi im applying for plovdiv but ive heard that for clincal years u need to find ur own patients. is this true?
and ive also heard from med students there that the uni doesnt give u medical placements and people struggle to find one in the UK as a med student in europe
Can you apply if you get ccd
Chemistry, Sociology & biology thats my predicted grade and i was thinking of studying dentistry in bulgaria
Original post by Anonymous #4
Hi im applying for plovdiv but ive heard that for clincal years u need to find ur own patients. is this true?
and ive also heard from med students there that the uni doesnt give u medical placements and people struggle to find one in the UK as a med student in europe

Do yk how many places does Plovdiv accept for uk students ?

hey. have you found out anything more about having to find ur, own patients.
I'm also looking to apply to Plovdiv for dent and i also cant find any info about having to find our own patients but ive heard it a few times now so I'm a bit unsure ig about going.

This is true you must find your own patients. Also for medics, there are medical placements provided but most people prefer to do it in the uk. It is difficult to find a placement vacancy in the uk however
Original post by aaminah789
Can you apply if you get ccd
Chemistry, Sociology & biology thats my predicted grade and i was thinking of studying dentistry in bulgaria

I’m afraid you need minimum of a C in biology and chemistry to apply. It may even have risen to a B now, not too sure but I know the baseline is a C for biology and chemistry
Hi
Hope ur well
How would u say the Facilities are for your practicals?

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier, but the facilities are okay!
Original post by FahadArshad_
Do yk how many places does Plovdiv accept for uk students ?

I believe it’s increased to about 150 for dentists and 400ish for medics
Reply 58
Original post by ayushkotecha
Hi I have applied to a university in Spain and they accepted predicted grades, just like the UK

which uni in spain?
Original post by Husna1

which uni in spain?

UEM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending