The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Unofficial Mark scheme: AQA GCSE Biology Higher Combined 8464/1H 16th May 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by realMadrid.14
what did people write for the national policies or something? I wrote that governemnt should make exercises in school compulsory and free for the older peopl

Reduce the amount of fatty food intake
Original post by suzy23
Reduce the amount of fatty food intake

How does that become a policy? You cant force someone what to eat.. It could have been reduce the amounts of fatty foods like oils in food or a policy to put it in a certain amount..
what did people write for the national policies or something? I wrote that governemnt should make exercises in school compulsory and free for the older peopl

i wrote how there are calories on restaurant menus so people can watch their calorie intake…idk if that would be right?
Original post by amritaaklerr
i wrote how there are calories on restaurant menus so people can watch their calorie intake…idk if that would be right?

Honestly thats the stupidest question they could come up with tbf. The wntire paper was dumb... ike where are the required practicals.. INstead they asking with what you test startch with concentration of 0g/dm3 and why is starch digested bhruv
Reply 24
How does that become a policy? You cant force someone what to eat.. It could have been reduce the amounts of fatty foods like oils in food or a policy to put it in a certain amount..

I put introduce a sugar tax, not sure if that works
what did you write for the adaptations of xylem?
Anyone knows why starch must be digested? I wrote to be broken down and stored as glucose which the body uses for respiration to produce energy.
and also.. WTF is the liquid at 0g/dm3.. I pretty sure its still iodine.. I think its a trick question

are you talking about the 1 marker if you are im pretty sure it’s sugar solution for the starch and amylase question
Original post by sumeya123…
are you talking about the 1 marker if you are im pretty sure it’s sugar solution for the starch and amylase question

if it’s 0g/dm3 concentration meaning it’s not concentrated, so wouldn’t it be distilled water?
Honestly thats the stupidest question they could come up with tbf. The wntire paper was dumb... ike where are the required practicals.. INstead they asking with what you test startch with concentration of 0g/dm3 and why is starch digested bhruv

ngl i think it was all decent apart from that evaluate question at the end which completely caught me off guard. 0g/dm3 means it’s not concentrated, so it would be just distilled water? and we need starch as it’s turned into glucose which we use in respiration to keep us warm and help with movement and muscle contraction.
ngl i think it was all decent apart from that evaluate question at the end which completely caught me off guard. 0g/dm3 means it’s not concentrated, so it would be just distilled water? and we need starch as it’s turned into glucose which we use in respiration to keep us warm and help with movement and muscle contraction.

tbh i quite liked the last question i just mentioned how it would be bad to give eveyone the stem cells with antibiotic because the bacteria would start to become resistant to the antibiotic but also mentioned how it was good because it gave the lowest ratio
Original post by sumeya123…
tbh i quite liked the last question i just mentioned how it would be bad to give eveyone the stem cells with antibiotic because the bacteria would start to become resistant to the antibiotic but also mentioned how it was good because it gave the lowest ratio

thank youuu for making it make sense i swear i read it about 90 times and didn’t understand it🤣
thank youuu for making it make sense i swear i read it about 90 times and didn’t understand it🤣

icl idk if i’m right tho i’m doubting myself for everything 😭
Reply 32
I dont even think they gonna cancel it.. Is there a chance? they omitting the entire question? or giving full marks for that particular question?

You do know that for this question, do learning of content was needed so they arent going to omit it
Reply 33
Original post by xhiba
Which one of the following is an example of a non-communicable disease?
HIV
Gonorrhea
Measles
Cancer

i think those were the options but im not entirely sure

no one of them was AIDS
Reply 34

It was iodene
Original post by xhiba
Which one of the following is an example of a non-communicable disease?
HIV
Gonorrhea
Measles
Cancer

i think those were the options but im not entirely sure

It was aids, not hiv
Reply 36

Spoiler

Reply 37
I wrote adding sugar tax to make people choose alternative products with less sugar. I think that’s literally a thing the government does now

Reply 38
Original post by TheGolddin

Spoiler

i drew a tangent on 2nd graph so i think i did it wrong, i think you had to do the 1/time period thing idk though
Reply 39
Thank god i put distilled water, literally everyone that i ask wrote something else

Latest

Trending

Trending