The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Unofficial Mark scheme: AQA GCSE Biology Higher Combined 8464/1H 16th May 2023

Scroll to see replies

what did everybody do for the 4 marker graph question?
Reply 41
Original post by addie1423
it wasnt what they should do but what they had done

i put the 5 a day scheme
what did people put for what happened to the stoma when had lots of glucose
Reply 43
where is the unofficial marksheme
Reply 44
Original post by propergoodman
what did people put for what happened to the stoma when had lots of glucose

i said as there was more glucose, the plant respired more, which creates carbon dioxide and water. as there is water created, the guard cells will open the stoma to lose excess water.
DONT TRUST ME
i have no clue if that is correct
Original post by jfatt
Thank god i put distilled water, literally everyone that i ask wrote something else

someone just replied to me saying it was iodine??🤣 but most ppl in my class also put distilled water so we may be right 🙌🏽
Reply 46
Original post by lisa122343
i put the 5 a day scheme

i put not advertising sugar foods or drinks on TV after a certain time
Reply 47
Original post by b576
i put not advertising sugar foods or drinks on TV after a certain time

I put limiting carbohydrates in food
Would I get the mark for the question which asked what was in the test tube (the one that was empty).

I put water - would this get me the mark?
Reply 49
Would I get the mark for the question which asked what was in the test tube (the one that was empty).

I put water - would this get me the mark?

No idea but I did that too
Original post by Shsiwma
No idea but I did that too

I think it was distilled water. I'm so scared because I kept getting like 55/70 in my bio mocks but i feel like i screwed up today. Maybe I haven't, I don't know :smile:
Reply 51
Anyone write Type 2 Diabetes for a non-communicable disease that people with obesity have a risk factor for? Also for the national policy I said take vigorous exercise.
Reply 52
Original post by realMadrid.14
Anyone knows why starch must be digested? I wrote to be broken down and stored as glucose which the body uses for respiration to produce energy.
and also.. WTF is the liquid at 0g/dm3.. I pretty sure its still iodine.. I think its a trick question

i put starch is a big food molecule and cannot be absorbed so must be digested before it is absorbed and the liquid was water
What did people write about the 3 tree and carbon dioxide question?
Original post by amritaaklerr
someone just replied to me saying it was iodine??🤣 but most ppl in my class also put distilled water so we may be right 🙌🏽

I put dilute starch solution idk if it's right tho
Reply 55

I had 3 minutes left and that was the question I had left blank but after rereading it I understood it and I'm not sure if it is the right answer but I put down the mean to be 1.03
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Evil Homer
Unofficial Mark scheme: AQA GCSE Biology Higher Combined 8464/1H 16th May 2023

:woo: Well done on completing the exam everyone! :woo:

This thread is to share your answers, I'll collate them later on today into this Original Post. :smile: Between us this should create an unofficial mark scheme, allowing people to get an idea of their performance in this exam. :yy:

Let's get building!

Answers

1. Cancer
etc.

For the 4 marker mean question i got 0.76mol/dm per minute anyone else got the same.
Original post by K7Prime
For the 4 marker mean question i got 0.76mol/dm per minute anyone else got the same.

how did you get to the that answer?
Reply 58

I got 5, honestly I don't know a single pair of people who got the same answer. My teacher said 0.3 but no
Reply 59
how was anyone supposed to figure out that graph question and omg that last question, i have never learnt that before but apart from that it was ok. I hope i get an amazing grade tho in sha allah

Latest

Trending

Trending