Original post by sumeya123…
There was a question about differences of structure between arteries and veins

yhh comparing them i put that one has a wider lumen and ones thicker
what did you guys say for the tree 6 marker question
Original post by amritaaklerr
i put distilled water for that one?

same omg
Original post by hxm.
how was anyone supposed to figure out that graph question and omg that last question, i have never learnt that before but apart from that it was ok. I hope i get an amazing grade tho in sha allah

are u higher and what grade yo working at?
Original post by Satella
I had 3 minutes left and that was the question I had left blank but after rereading it I understood it and I'm not sure if it is the right answer but I put down the mean to be 1.03

omg i had 3 mins left aswell. I didn't know what to write :frown:
Original post by Satella
I had 3 minutes left and that was the question I had left blank but after rereading it I understood it and I'm not sure if it is the right answer but I put down the mean to be 1.03

did u guess the mean or did u calculate it? :smile:
Reply 66
Here’s some of the questions I remember
There was a 6 marker on the microscopy practical, finding the mean length of onion cells
-what’s a double circulatory system
-where is the pacemaker located
-structural differences between a valve and artery NOT including valves
-how stem cells move into antibiotics- reason
-6 marker on should stem cells in antibiotics be used to treat ALL diseases of some sort
-where is the epidermis located- it was A
-Adaption of the spongy mesophyll
-Calculating the mean of some graph
Reply 67
Original post by ahmed_salem209
what did you guys say for the tree 6 marker question

Brighter light- more photosynthesis
Original post by aminah_001
Here’s some of the questions I remember
There was a 6 marker on the microscopy practical, finding the mean length of onion cells
-what’s a double circulatory system
-where is the pacemaker located
-structural differences between a valve and artery NOT including valves
-how stem cells move into antibiotics- reason
-6 marker on should stem cells in antibiotics be used to treat ALL diseases of some sort
-where is the epidermis located- it was A
-Adaption of the spongy mesophyll
-Calculating the mean of some graph

can you remember how many marks any of them were? I think i answered most of them correct! :smile:
Original post by Evil Homer
Unofficial Mark scheme: AQA GCSE Biology Higher Combined 8464/1H 16th May 2023

:woo: Well done on completing the exam everyone! :woo:

This thread is to share your answers, I'll collate them later on today into this Original Post. :smile: Between us this should create an unofficial mark scheme, allowing people to get an idea of their performance in this exam. :yy:

Let's get building!

Answers

1. Cancer
etc.

When do you think the unofficial mark scheme will be finished? No pressure btw :smile:
Reply 70
Original post by propergoodman
can you remember how many marks any of them were? I think i answered most of them correct! :smile:

I can’t really remember the marks hahah, but if you added them up and compared them to the past year grade boundaries I’m sure you’ll find it’s a pass
Reply 71
Original post by propergoodman
are u higher and what grade yo working at?

yh higher my predicted is a 7
Original post by hxm.
how was anyone supposed to figure out that graph question and omg that last question, i have never learnt that before but apart from that it was ok. I hope i get an amazing grade tho in sha allah

i’m pretty sure you were supposed to take the readings from the graph and look at the other one. The values i got was at 3 minutes it was 0.3 at 2 minutes it was 1.8 and at 1 minute it was at 0.8 i added them together and i got 2.9 then i divided it by 3 and got 0.97
Reply 73
i’m pretty sure you were supposed to take the readings from the graph and look at the other one. The values i got was at 3 minutes it was 0.3 at 2 minutes it was 1.8 and at 1 minute it was at 0.8 i added them together and i got 2.9 then i divided it by 3 and got 0.97

😂😂 yh icl i was drawing tangents on the graphs
Original post by hxm.
😂😂 yh icl i was drawing tangents on the graphs

i might be wrong i think tangents could have gotten you the answer too but icl reading these answers are really making me worried and making me doubt everything i wrote on that paper
Reply 75
Original post by Zhurger
You do know that for this question, do learning of content was needed so they arent going to omit it

but what content though it rarely talks about mutations of bacteria in specification and since when was there an experiment on that stuff :/
Reply 76
i might be wrong i think tangents could have gotten you the answer too but icl reading these answers are really making me worried and making me doubt everything i wrote on that paper

frr mann but its calm just pattern chem and phys and bio p2 then your calm and could still get like 7/8/9 just do well on the other 5 and in sha allah it will be ok
Original post by StrawberryMilk26
same omg

i did too
Reply 78
Original post by realMadrid.14
Anyone knows why starch must be digested? I wrote to be broken down and stored as glucose which the body uses for respiration to produce energy.
and also.. WTF is the liquid at 0g/dm3.. I pretty sure its still iodine.. I think its a trick question

starch is a polymer of glucose. It must be broken down into glucose molecules it is too large to pass through the gut wall.
Original post by sudorium
starch is a polymer of glucose. It must be broken down into glucose molecules it is too large to pass through the gut wall.

I said starch is insoluble, is that still ok?

Latest

Trending

Trending