The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Unofficial Mark scheme: AQA GCSE Biology Higher Combined 8464/1H 16th May 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aminah_001
Here’s some of the questions I remember
There was a 6 marker on the microscopy practical, finding the mean length of onion cells
-what’s a double circulatory system
-where is the pacemaker located
-structural differences between a valve and artery NOT including valves
-how stem cells move into antibiotics- reason
-6 marker on should stem cells in antibiotics be used to treat ALL diseases of some sort
-where is the epidermis located- it was A
-Adaption of the spongy mesophyll
-Calculating the mean of some graph

What did you get for the pacemaker?
Reply 81
Original post by sumeya123…
i’m pretty sure you were supposed to take the readings from the graph and look at the other one. The values i got was at 3 minutes it was 0.3 at 2 minutes it was 1.8 and at 1 minute it was at 0.8 i added them together and i got 2.9 then i divided it by 3 and got 0.97

i got that aswell but not sure if you had to include the value at 0 or not so really stressed me out in the exam, what do you think?
Original post by suzy23

right atrium
Original post by suzy23

right arrium wall
I feel like I really really messed up paper one is there still a change that I can get a 7-7?
Reply 85
I wrote "On the right side near right atrium"
For the structural differences of arteries and vein I put that artistic have elastic fibres and veins do not
Artistries are thick and veins are not. Would this get my the 2 marks
Original post by suzy23
I feel like I really really messed up paper one is there still a change that I can get a 7-7?

I hope paper two is way better than this. Instead of being asked on cells and diffusion etc, we were asked on ******* amylase starch solution, stem cells and antibiotics, government policies, and microscopes lmao
How would Athlete's feet how can you prevent that from spreading or something like that???
Reply 89
Original post by williamdouglas
I hope paper two is way better than this. Instead of being asked on cells and diffusion etc, we were asked on ******* amylase starch solution, stem cells and antibiotics, government policies, and microscopes lmao

The govt policies was the most unexpected one
Original post by ahmed_salem209
How would Athlete's feet how can you prevent that from spreading or something like that???

keep feets dry
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by suzy23
For the structural differences of arteries and vein I put that artistic have elastic fibres and veins do not
Artistries are thick and veins are not. Would this get my the 2 marks

I said the same as you
Original post by sudorium
The govt policies was the most unexpected one

keep feets dry

i said reduce exposure to moist conditions, would that still get it do you think?
Reply 92
i said reduce exposure to moist conditions, would that still get it do you think?

Probably
Reply 93
I somehow got 0.75 for the mean graph thing

i got 0.3, but its prob wrong
I wrote don't wear wet socks and keep feet dry
Original post by amritaaklerr
if it’s 0g/dm3 concentration meaning it’s not concentrated, so wouldn’t it be distilled water?

thats what i put

i got 0.96
Original post by b576
i got that aswell but not sure if you had to include the value at 0 or not so really stressed me out in the exam, what do you think?

yes thats what i got
Original post by Frazer Pollard
yes thats what i got

wasnt it one mark tho?

Latest

Trending

Trending