Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Alaalazizi
For the agglutinaiton thing what did you say?The. one about flagella and heads

left it out 😃
Reply 41
For the agglutinaiton thing what did you say?The. one about flagella and heads

No clue what to put for that one, it was taking about antibodies and stuff so I j said the head and flagella of sperm has the same antigens so the antibodies can bind to both of them
Original post by 67824930
Any predictions for the next papers?

My teachers always said for paper 3 focus on the stuff that hasn’t come up yet in paper 1 or paper 2. So probably cardiac cycle and gas exchange stuff like that
Reply 43
Original post by Olivia294719
My teachers always said for paper 3 focus on the stuff that hasn’t come up yet in paper 1 or paper 2. So probably cardiac cycle and gas exchange stuff like that

I also feel like topic 7 didn’t come up at all? That’s the only topic I sort of like 😭
I also feel like topic 7 didn’t come up at all? That’s the only topic I sort of like 😭

Omg literally i did so much topic 7 last night out of pure panic and it didn’t even come up aside from that 6 marker that I left blank at the end 😍😍😍
Reply 45
Original post by d00r
Are you certain? I also read it as phosphate I think. Also do you remember the whole question?(context)

Either way im not gonna get any marks for what I wrote lol
It was about investigating the uptake of (potassium/phosphate) ions in anaerobic and aerobic conditions, first 15 hours was anaerobic last 15 hours was aerobic
Reply 46
Original post by Olivia294719
Omg literally i did so much topic 7 last night out of pure panic and it didn’t even come up aside from that 6 marker that I left blank at the end 😍😍😍

Was that topic 7? Wouldn’t know I also left it blank 😍
Reply 47
I'm trying to make a list of all the topics areas that came up today so I can work out what to revise but I've blanked on half of the exam as soon as I walked out? Can anyone remember and share a list?
Reply 48
Was the first multiple choice potassium? I thought it was phosphate
Reply 49
Original post by egrey
I'm trying to make a list of all the topics areas that came up today so I can work out what to revise but I've blanked on half of the exam as soon as I walked out? Can anyone remember and share a list?

Plant respiration came up in the first one, there was the question about influenza, there was agglutination and stuff to do with immune response, id say most that came up was topics 2, 5, and 6
Reply 50
Original post by tscarlett
Either way im not gonna get any marks for what I wrote lol
It was about investigating the uptake of (potassium/phosphate) ions in anaerobic and aerobic conditions, first 15 hours was anaerobic last 15 hours was aerobic

OH I REMEMBER NOW. I think it doesnt matter whether it was potassium or phosphate. I think the point is that its anaerobic and aerobic. So my logic was that in anaerobic conditions, ATP production is limited thus active transport could not be carried out. As a result phosphate/potassium ions moved out the root into the solution (they specified that the solution had low conc of ions). After 15hrs in aerobic conditions ATP is now available and conc of ions inside root increased
Reply 51
Just remembered another one I left blank - can’t remember anything from the question apart from ‘AK enzyme’ or something I just know it made no sense and there was multiple parts to it 😭
Reply 52
Oh yh that was BAAAD. What on God's green earth is GTP????
Just remembered another one I left blank - can’t remember anything from the question apart from ‘AK enzyme’ or something I just know it made no sense and there was multiple parts to it 😭
Oh yh that was BAAAD. What on God's green earth is GTP????

When it asked when some archea had both enzymes r smth like that I literally had a little laugh bcos that was a joke
Reply 54
I didn’t even know what to say for the influenza question about why there was a delay man I’m so ****ed
Reply 55
Original post by Freya_Bea
Was the first multiple choice potassium? I thought it was phosphate

It was potassium! But I wrote a whole answer on phosphate too!! I think I was thrown of by the fact it was about aerobic and anaroebic conditions and then I ran out of time to go back and change it!😭
Reply 56
Wait what was the first multiple choice question anyways?
Original post by egrey
It was potassium! But I wrote a whole answer on phosphate too!! I think I was thrown of by the fact it was about aerobic and anaroebic conditions and then I ran out of time to go back and change it!😭
Reply 57
What are we thinking the grade boundaries are gonna be like? Let’s say I did get 15 marks on that paper, what would I need on the other 2 for a C?

Probably like 40/35 on each paper ?
Reply 58
I’m so nervous !! Everyone saying the paper was decent but I found it awful? Multiple choice and maths was okay but that’s it. The questions were so weirdly worded
Reply 59
i didnt understand the macrophage and the mRNA vaccine?? idk like phagocytosis doesnt make sense so what is it

Latest

Trending

Trending