The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Biology B Paper 2 (9BI0 02) - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Not necessarily m8, I might be wrong
Original post by avaleadbetter
Oh well 1 mark lost
The question was about a primary spermatocyte going under division and primary spermatocytes form secondary spermatocytes through meiosis 1 so that would be the answer
Reply 122
Original post by Alaalazizi
Secondary spermatocytes are always haploid. So, it can't be meiosis 1.

swear it said primary spermatocytes tho?
Did it? I remember it saying secondary. But anyhow, if primary, P1(Option A), if secondary, P2(Option B). Does anyone else remember what it asked for?
Original post by rrwwtt0
swear it said primary spermatocytes tho?
Reply 124
Yh i specifically remember it saying primary cuz I drew the stages. Anyway I put p1
Reply 125
Original post by medium23
I think you had to subtract the the original volume which had the radius of one but im not sure

yeah it was (6-2)/2 for the radius and the length was 1cm³
Reply 126
Secondary spermatocytes are always haploid. So, it can't be meiosis 1.

was the question asking what stage the spermatocyte was formed in? if so, it's the first meiotic division (prophase 1.) P2 would form the spermatids.
Did it? I remember it saying secondary. But anyhow, if primary, P1(Option A), if secondary, P2(Option B). Does anyone else remember what it asked for?

It said primary.
Reply 128
Can we safely assume there won’t be anything on cyclic and noncyclic photophosphorylation? I remember there being a few Qs on it in paper 1 and I really cba to revise it it takes so much time
Reply 129
Original post by 67824930
Can we safely assume there won’t be anything on cyclic and noncyclic photophosphorylation? I remember there being a few Qs on it in paper 1 and I really cba to revise it it takes so much time

Yeah I don't think there would be a lot on photosynthesis. There were a few questions on it on paper 1. But there may be some respiration
Please could someone help with this question. I can’t seem to get the right answer
Reply 131
Original post by medic talks
Please could someone help with this question. I can’t seem to get the right answer

195-190= 5^2=25
185-190= -5^2 = 25

25+25= 50
You do the square root of 50 divided by (3-1) = 5

Hope this helps
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 132
I rlly cba for this paper ffs 😞😞😞
Reply 133
Original post by moomoocow21
so what did you say was the reason why they were less efficient?

sorry didnt see this but my answer was wrong bc i got endotherms and ectotherms switched up. i said they lose energy trying to maintain their own body heat. idk that question confounded me a bit . if i had to guess maybe bc they have high sa:v as theyre smaller, lose heat etc, or they might be more active and lose more energy via metabolic processes idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending