The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology A Paper 2 - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gullible-top
Trueee ...cant believe the 13 marker was on cardiovascular diseases when they couldve done so many other topics ..i didnt revise for 1-4 either 😭

What do you mean 13 marker?? There wasn’t one on the edexcel A paper today
Original post by Justinbieberd
What do you mean 13 marker?? There wasn’t one on the edexcel A paper today

I think that last question 10 overall was 13 marks ? Not sure tbh could be wrong
i wrote suppressor instead of repressor :s-smilie:
Original post by ay_r445
that HAD to be a mistake??? bc how can alcohol decrease the risk

frrrrr I concluded it with smoking is the highest risk factor wbu?
I think what they wanted you to say for the alcohol question was to criticise the data by saying that ‘just because the data says this doesn’t mean it is true that alcohol reduces CHD risk, they did not take into account other conditions such as diabetes nor did they consider diet so the data is not comprehensive’
Reply 25
Original post by Justinbieberd
frrrrr I concluded it with smoking is the highest risk factor wbu?

yepp i said that too. and with a higher BMI that results in the greatest risk. But idk dyu think the exam board is guna do anything about that question bc of the mistake?
Reply 26
Original post by Sarah__xxx
I think what they wanted you to say for the alcohol question was to criticise the data by saying that ‘just because the data says this doesn’t mean it is true that alcohol reduces CHD risk, they did not take into account other conditions such as diabetes nor did they consider diet so the data is not comprehensive’

ohh...
Original post by ay_r445
yepp i said that too. and with a higher BMI that results in the greatest risk. But idk dyu think the exam board is guna do anything about that question bc of the mistake?

Yeah I don’t think it was a mistake I think what they wanted you to do was criticise the data

yea i put that too
Reply 29
personally i think our exam board has lost their braincells. but im hoping for like 50% grade boundaries for an A 😍
Original post by ay_r445

Fr I was looking at the data thinking how on earth do they expect us to write about not drinking alcohol increases Chd???
how many phosphodiester bonds were there??
Original post by incrediblejpw04
how many phosphodiester bonds were there??

I put 8
Reply 33
I put 8

same but apparently it was four 💀💀 I just guessed
Original post by durio.249
same but apparently it was four 💀💀 I just guessed

i put 16 hahah
Reply 35
whats the answer to the gm abt the genotype for the disease from the diagram, the mcq one ?
Original post by incrediblejpw04
i put 16 hahah

Lololollll 2 for mee 🥱😂 i just assumed if its sticky ends and only broken on two sides doesnt that mean 2 bonds have been broken ?
Original post by Gullible-top
Lololollll 2 for mee 🥱😂 i just assumed if its sticky ends and only broken on two sides doesnt that mean 2 bonds have been broken ?

i have no idea now haha I drew out the structure and then counted the phosphodiester bonds and got to 16 so idk
Reply 38
even the first three multiple choice I put random
anaphase, then i don’t remember, and metaphase I think? lol
Reply 39
the motor neurone six marker kinda threw me off though icl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending