The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology A Paper 2 - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sarah__xxx
Collagen? It’s fibrin that forms the mesh isn’t it? Or am I remembering wrong?

Yes but when an artery is damaged the platelets come into contact with the collagen to form a platelet plug. Then later on in the process thrombin turns fibrinogen to fibrin. - forming a mesh net causing the clot.
Reply 61
Original post by KillSwitch12
Think it was to do with reacting with collagen more slowly - therefore taking longer to form a platelet plug. Slower release of Thromboplastin etc.. Takes longer for clot to form.

I wrote more thromboplastin is released??
Yes but when an artery is damaged the platelets come into contact with the collagen to form a platelet plug. Then later on in the process thrombin turns fibrinogen to fibrin. - forming a mesh net causing the clot.

Ahhh alright yes. I wrote about that thankfully
Original post by Tomiboi15
I wrote more thromboplastin is released??

Don’t worry. I don’t think you had to write about that. It was more about there not being enough platelets to get caught in the mesh so a clot takes a long time to form
Poll about the exam on diff. TSR thread

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7364953
Reply 65
Original post by incrediblejpw04
surely though if she was RR the all other offspring would have the disease.
would be 10 because all the black boxes could only ever be Rr

Im pretty sure it was 9 because they only had one kid which was a black box so it could've been Rr or RR
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 66
For the genetic modification virus question - the answer to the MCQ of how many statements were right - it was none?
what was the question?
Reply 68
Original post by Uniiiiiiii
what was the question?

Ligase enzymes
Restriction enzymes one
It asked how many statements were correct?
yh i think it was none were correct
lol there're like 3 different threads for this paper on here. I'm getting slightly confused :awesome:
Reply 71
it’s topic 3 i think, due to transcription factors. The lactose binds to a respressor so the gene can be activated and transcribed by RNA polymerase on the promotor region. The enzyme b-galactosidase breaks down lactose into galactose and glucose.

i said inhibitory molecule instead is that fine
yh it really is i think its because for some reason there is no edexcel A on the megathread for the a levels so ppl made their own
yh it really is i think its because for some reason there is no edexcel A on the megathread for the a levels so ppl made their own

ikr, I made one too, thankfully it got forgotten or we'll have 4 threads for this:crazy:
Reply 74
what was the answer for the question about rhodopsin affecting depolarisation of the bipolar neurone and the absorption ratio question
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by s.m.y
i said inhibitory molecule instead is that fine

How many biscuits did you put for that 2 marker I put 20???
Original post by Justinbieberd

THAT PAPER WAS SO DIFFICULT BUT GUESS WE LOWERED THE GRADE BOUNDARIES AFTER P1.
What the flip was the first 6m
Original post by Justinbieberd

Reply 79
Original post by Anonymous744
Why did the person still inherit the recessive condition

^ answer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending