The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology A Paper 2 - 16th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous744
^ answer?

The treatment only affects the cells in the eye. The faulty allele is still part of the genome and is contained in the gametes. If they have a child with someone who carries the gene for it or has it, the child can have it too.
Reply 81
Original post by Sarah__xxx
The treatment only affects the cells in the eye. The faulty allele is still part of the genome and is contained in the gametes. If they have a child with someone who carries the gene for it or has it, the child can have it too.

Lol I talked about sex linked disorder
Lol I talked about sex linked disorder

same haha definitely wrong tho
guys that q about bipolar neurone or smth
is it inhibited or? i wrote there's more action potentials and threshold is reached i think i wrote the complete opposite..
Original post by starrrrlight99
guys that q about bipolar neurone or smth
is it inhibited or? i wrote there's more action potentials and threshold is reached i think i wrote the complete opposite..

You were supposed to write that the rod cell is not depolarised because the sodium ion channels shut, which prevents the release of the neurotransmitter glutamate. Because the rod cell is not stimulated, the bipolar membrane is not inhibited so it depolarises. As long as you didn’t say that the rod cell depolarises you should be fine because that would be the opposite.
Original post by Sarah__xxx
You were supposed to write that the rod cell is not depolarised because the sodium ion channels shut, which prevents the release of the neurotransmitter glutamate. Because the rod cell is not stimulated, the bipolar membrane is not inhibited so it depolarises. As long as you didn’t say that the rod cell depolarises you should be fine because that would be the opposite.

ugh i wrote the opposite sodium ion channels open and more neurotransmitters released
i didn't even read the question properly bc i was running out of time.. was it 4 marks?
Original post by starrrrlight99
ugh i wrote the opposite sodium ion channels open and more neurotransmitters released
i didn't even read the question properly bc i was running out of time.. was it 4 marks?

Yup, maybe you’ll get like 1 or 2 marks for mentioning the sodium ion channels?
Original post by KillSwitch12
it’s topic 3 i think, due to transcription factors. The lactose binds to a respressor so the gene can be activated and transcribed by RNA polymerase on the promotor region. The enzyme b-galactosidase breaks down lactose into galactose and glucose.

shoot i wrote dna instead of rna polymerase ffs
Original post by Bookworm524
It took me by surprise. I didn't revised for 1-4 at all and they didn't put that many topic 7,8 questions

same i didnt revise topic 1-4 and had to rely on my long term memory
Reply 89
Original post by Justinbieberd
Fr I was looking at the data thinking how on earth do they expect us to write about not drinking alcohol increases Chd???

im not 100% sure if this is right but, we learned that small amounts of alcohol reduce it because they contain antioxidants, which basically help get rid of free radicals that can damage arterial walls?? I remember learning about it at the beginning of year 12 so I was properly reaching
Original post by charx134
im not 100% sure if this is right but, we learned that small amounts of alcohol reduce it because they contain antioxidants, which basically help get rid of free radicals that can damage arterial walls?? I remember learning about it at the beginning of year 12 so I was properly reaching

bro ive never even learnt that wtf
Reply 91
Original post by ay_r445
that HAD to be a mistake??? bc how can alcohol decrease the risk

Probs has something to do with antioxidants in stuff like wine bc they bind to free radicals
Reply 92
tbh bro i dont remeber that paper depleted my remaining brain cells lol

Original post by Justinbieberd
How many biscuits did you put for that 2 marker I put 20???
Reply 93
Guys for the respiration question the kerbs cycle one the MCQ.
Was it 6-5-4 (the last option) in the MCQ?
Reply 94

yeah thats what i put
Original post by s.m.y
tbh bro i dont remeber that paper depleted my remaining brain cells lol

i think i got 18

yeah i put that
Reply 97
Original post by charminggem
i think i got 18

i hope the grade boundaries are low

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending