The Student Room Group

PAT 2023 / for 2024 entry forum

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by zeynep_eda
Do they send invitations around the same time for both engineering and physics?

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any invitations from physics
Original post by UniqueYou
Unfortunately, I haven't seen any invitations from physics

No, I don't think physics is out yet. I haven't heard anyhow! Last year it was 30th Nov. I'm thinking them saying they give at least a week's notice basically means they will give exactly a week's notice... I'm putting my bets on Wednesday!!

While I'm here, does anyone have any thoughts on the cut-off mark this year? I have no idea how anyone else found the PAT this year, but I felt it was quite easy compared to previous years... I mean, I might have made a tonne of silly mistakes and misinterpreted a lot of the questions, but I didn't really get stuck on any of the problems and pretty much finished the paper. Last year the cut-off was 68, I believe... do you think it could go into the 70s this year?? If so, I'm pretty scared!!

How is everyone else feeling??!
Original post by AnnieBlue:)
No, I don't think physics is out yet. I haven't heard anyhow! Last year it was 30th Nov. I'm thinking them saying they give at least a week's notice basically means they will give exactly a week's notice... I'm putting my bets on Wednesday!!

While I'm here, does anyone have any thoughts on the cut-off mark this year? I have no idea how anyone else found the PAT this year, but I felt it was quite easy compared to previous years... I mean, I might have made a tonne of silly mistakes and misinterpreted a lot of the questions, but I didn't really get stuck on any of the problems and pretty much finished the paper. Last year the cut-off was 68, I believe... do you think it could go into the 70s this year?? If so, I'm pretty scared!!

I think it could be mid 70s, as you say, it FELT easier but who knows. Bear in mind that the cutoff for 2020-22 were affected by COVID and they said they made the cutoff mark higher so it could still mean our cutoff is 68+ at best. thoughts?

Oh also, what do you think you got?

I hope for tomorrow, but yeah it could be on Wednesday. Last year, though, the interview time range was later than this year for Physics at least, so we should be receiving it earlier. For the other question, I think it could go above 70. Even though it was in the 70s in 2010 the last time. Considering how hard 2022 was, this year should be higher than that, so I am just hoping for anything below 74.

I can't remember the questions at all. What do you expect though?
Original post by Proective1233
if they use the gcse thing, then the cutoff could be a few marks lower. even though it felt easier, I got similar to how I did on the past papers but thats just me. lets start a cutoff prediction chain for fun lol. I'll start: I think 67-70 based on the easier paper but not having the effects of covid

I read all the score reports and couldn't figure out what PAT had to do with gcse since I have done APs. What is it?
Reply 67
Original post by Scarlett19199
Hey Guys,
I’m sitting the oxford PAT today and wanted to wish everyone good luck!

best of luck guys

Hi have you received feedback yet?
Reply 68
Original post by mathsphysicschem
best of luck to you as well!
feeling nervous now, hopefully it will go well

Hi have you received an interview letter?
Original post by Jojonesx
Hi have you received an interview letter?

No
Reply 70
No

I received an email 2 weeks ago about a workshop for preparing for interviews, but to accept a place on the workshops I have to request to join by tomorrow latest, a link gets sent out with any interview letter so either way they have to be sent out by tomorrow am
Reply 71
Original post by Scarlett19199
Hey Guys,
I’m sitting the oxford PAT today and wanted to wish everyone good luck!

best of luck guys

Have you received any feedback yet?
Just got an interview invite from worcester engineering
Original post by deknfkenfkenk
Just got an interview invite from worcester engineering

Congrats! How do you think you did on the Pat?
(edited 5 months ago)
Congrats! How do you think you did on the Pat?

80+ I reckon
Reply 75
Just got a physics interview from Lincoln!
Oh also, what do you think you got?

My guess would be around 75, plus or minus 15.
I didn't get below 80 in any of the practice papers, but then I've no idea how harshly they mark it in reality.
How about you?
I hope for tomorrow, but yeah it could be on Wednesday. Last year, though, the interview time range was later than this year for Physics at least, so we should be receiving it earlier. For the other question, I think it could go above 70. Even though it was in the 70s in 2010 the last time. Considering how hard 2022 was, this year should be higher than that, so I am just hoping for anything below 74.

True, tho it's important to consider what proportion of invitees are those who exceed the cut-off. Hence due to COVID, the cut-off was higher as a greater proportion of those invited were so due to the context of the rest of their application. The cut-off may be lower this year, or may be higher, but either way, it will be compensated by the number invited outside the cut-off...
Original post by C4Th0
Just got a physics interview from Lincoln!

Amazing! Congratulations! What did the invite say??
My guess would be around 75, plus or minus 15.
I didn't get below 80 in any of the practice papers, but then I've no idea how harshly they mark it in reality.
How about you?

I reckon 70-75 so hopefully that’s enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending