The Student Room Group

[Official] 2024 US elections megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talkative Toad
? I don’t understand what you mean
They said "It should not rerun probably..." where 'it' was used to refer to Biden.
Original post by CatusStarbright
They said "It should not rerun probably..." where 'it' was used to refer to Biden.

I see thanks for the clarification
Original post by CatusStarbright
yes that
Reply 23
Yeah if that’s the argument being given for Biden then you question why he should be running again given his age and what being a president involves.

This may just be me being cynical but I’ve yet to hear of a reason beyond ‘not trump’ that anyone voted for him. His historic policies make him out as a war mongerinf, uncaring ultra bigot who flaps in the wind to what voters will elect him for.
His current claim to fame, he’s still not trump. A good article in GZERO noted that he’s aping a lid of his policies but assuming the left will still default to ‘not trump’. American politics really is a cluster****, about as democratic as a student teacher relationship 😂. Hell, by some metrics Iran is more democratic, or at least less bought
Original post by Napp
This may just be me being cynical but I’ve yet to hear of a reason beyond ‘not trump’ that anyone voted for him. His historic policies make him out as a war mongerinf, uncaring ultra bigot who flaps in the wind to what voters will elect him for.
His current claim to fame, he’s still not trump. A good article in GZERO noted that he’s aping a lid of his policies but assuming the left will still default to ‘not trump’. American politics really is a cluster****, about as democratic as a student teacher relationship 😂. Hell, by some metrics Iran is more democratic, or at least less bought

Yeah (don’t quote me on this) but I feel like most people voted for Biden because they wanted Trump out of the White House, not because they actually liked Biden.

I getting the same vibe for the UK (people rightfully wanting the conservatives out of government).
Original post by Napp
yes, people basically vote for Biden because he's the best of the options, the lesser of two evils. I honestly wish the Democratic party would nominate somebody else, but given the option between him and Trump, the choice seems obvious
Trump wins South Carolina 60-40
Reply 27
Original post by MysteryyyGirl86
yes, people basically vote for Biden because he's the best of the options, the lesser of two evils. I honestly wish the Democratic party would nominate somebody else, but given the option between him and Trump, the choice seems obvious

I’m not sure I’d call him the best, or even least worse option. The doj has actively said he’s unfit to stand trial, how he could be considered fit to lead a country boggles the mind.
I don’t envy the Americans their choice at all but whilst in round one I’d have supported Biden over trump I’m not sure I’d say that again given his less than stellar tenure. Not that I’m American but still.
Reply 28
Yeah (don’t quote me on this) but I feel like most people voted for Biden because they wanted Trump out of the White House, not because they actually liked Biden.

I getting the same vibe for the UK (people rightfully wanting the conservatives out of government).

Can’t fault them there aha
One thing I’ll give trump, the man is actually extremely popular among the right and not just as a ‘he’s not x’.
Original post by Napp
Can’t fault them there aha
One thing I’ll give trump, the man is actually extremely popular among the right and not just as a ‘he’s not x’.

Agreed.
Trump continues to pick up state victories in the Virgin Islands, Michigan and Idaho. Hayley did pick up a win in DC and carries on to super Tuesday which is tomorrow but will get a hammering

Biden equally is smashing ti
the supreme court ruled today that trump cannot be excluded from the ballot
Original post by Andrew97
Trump continues to pick up state victories in the Virgin Islands, Michigan and Idaho. Hayley did pick up a win in DC and carries on to super Tuesday which is tomorrow but will get a hammering

Biden equally is smashing ti
the incumbency advantage,

Biden isn't really smashing records. Let's take Michigan ( most recent one I think) 2020 biden got 840k votes with him now getting 600k. in all of his victories, he doesn't seem to get as many votes and this is especially true with less "serious" opponents who could pose a threat. Granted the low voter amount could be that its guaranteed he will win. however, the uncommitted vote is also a somewhat problematic thing for the biden campaign. granted it is because of a particular foreign issue, but it does seem to show cracks in the demoract union + low voter turnout as many people dissatisfied with the conflict in the middle east may not choose to vote. this combined with bidens age, how people feel about the economy means biden needs to start picking up the pace. as even if 10% of that vote won't choose to vote if closes the gap for a swing state.

donald trump has been excelling, with records in states like Iowa and getting 100% of the vote in Missouri . he is also doing outstanding in the polls. while Niki has won dc. it isn't a huge concern, but Niki's voter base Is, as who they will they vote for, will they vote anyone? donald trump has an almost 100% chance to win, and with the issue of illegal immigration especially in some states, the economy which has improved but still not much for the average American, crime, and biden. it will be interesting if his lead can continue both in the polls, primary's and court cases.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending