The Student Room Group

intresting questions

ok here is one
what is the difference between redlight from a red dress and the one emitted by an exiceted hydrogen

well here is my say on this
redlight from a red dress is a reflection of the visible light where all colours except red were absorbed,which that emitted by the excited hydrogen atom is due to an excited electron going back to it's original energy level emitting photons of energy of frequency/wavelength equal to that of redlight

anybody has a different idea??
post any question you find hard here....cooooooooome on people we need to pracitce :smile:
Reply 1
habosh
ok here is one
what is the difference between redlight from a red dress and the one emitted by an exiceted hydrogen

well here is my say on this
redlight from a red dress is a reflection of the visible light where all colours except red were absorbed,which that emitted by the excited hydrogen atom is due to an excited electron going back to it's original energy level emitting photons of energy of frequency/wavelength equal to that of redlight

anybody has a different idea??
post any question you find hard here....cooooooooome on people we need to pracitce :smile:

Hydrogen atom will give you light of one specific wavelength, whereas the red dress will reflect a range of wavelengths that appears red.
Reply 2
habosh

The shortest answer is: spectra - continuous in case of fabric, discrete in case of hydrogen.

Smarkotan oz gluthozmaz

Best,
Borek
--
Reply 3
1. Diagrams to define amplitude, wavelength, frequency and speed of waves?
2. Explanation of soundwaves speeds in different media?
3. Frequency range-audio/ultrasonic?
4. Explanation of energies related to frequency,of electromagnetic spectrum?
5. Diagram of transucer probe?
6. Why is resolution related to frequency of ultrasound?
7. 3d imaging?
8. Doppler shifted images (blood flow measurement)?
9. Schematic diagram of MRI scanner?
10. Why is a powerful magnetic field required and the interaction of H atoms with these (precession)?
11. I.R-How does wavelength depend on temparature and and how is this used to generate an image?
12. Sourse of UV-how does a lamp work?
13. Diagrm showing energy level and atoms re lasers?
14. How does laser light work on the skin in removing moles. tattoos etc?
15. Diagram of endoscope? How common are they now?
16. Schematic digram of CAT scan. Description of how detection using solid state detector works?
17. How y-rays are focussed for radiotherapy?
18. Description of the effect of radiotherapy on cancerous cells?
19. Description of Y-ray camera's and what they are specifically designed to diagnose. Include details of radiosotopes as tracers?
Reply 4
ok let me see my luck now
Reply 5
I have to admit that I have found it fascinating to see what others can manage in comparison to me. I haven't done physics before and have gone straight in the deep end with this course that is soon to be over. This work is apparently A level standard and yet it seems to go outside the perameters for A level students and higher.
I wonder if this is due probs with the teach-as I am not the only one finding it hard to reach what has been set...............I guess I will plod onwards.
Thanks for your response.
Hugely grateful for any imput.:biggrin:

Latest