The Student Room Group

personal statement for med

hi i was just wondering if i write a personal statement completely focused on med school, would it still fine to apply to neuroscience courses? (or maybe biomed)

or should i alter the statement and squeeze in a bit about my intrest in the brain ?
Original post by hhhhheeeee
hi i was just wondering if i write a personal statement completely focused on med school, would it still fine to apply to neuroscience courses? (or maybe biomed)

or should i alter the statement and squeeze in a bit about my intrest in the brain ?

Heya,
I guess this question just depends on your personal preferences and what you'd rather focus on but if you are applying to a few different courses, it might be worth keeping it a bit more general and including a little bit about the brain in there as this could still be linked to med school too.
I hope this helps :smile:
Beth

If you’re focused on med make sure your personal statement is about medicine. If you really want to get into medicine, why have a 5th option when you could just take a gap year and re apply. But I did put a 5th done for biomed and my personal statement was just about med and they gave me an offer
Reply 3
Original post by B7861
If you’re focused on med make sure your personal statement is about medicine. If you really want to get into medicine, why have a 5th option when you could just take a gap year and re apply. But I did put a 5th done for biomed and my personal statement was just about med and they gave me an offer

i’m currently on my gap year and reapplying😅 i might have to apply to 2 non med related courses for grad entry.
im on a gap year to but not grad. good luck with your application
i’m currently on my gap year and reapplying😅 i might have to apply to 2 non med related courses for grad entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending