The Student Room Group

GSM London BSc Oil and Gas Management

Hi,

I've been thinking about enrolling for a course at GSM London (2 yrs accelerated BSc Oil and Gas Management) - it seems to be quite tempting, because I'd like to finish an undergraduate course within 2 years and think about master degree (I graduated from my uni in 2012, already hold my BA degree, but European one). Is there anyone who could share his or her experience? the school hasn't been even mentioned in the university league table 2014...
I found both good and bad comments on the school's policy. Some claim the school rips off, lecturers do not tend to offer any help, others say that it's a kind of a solution for those who are in a hurry. What do you reckon? I'll be grateful for any advice.

aga
Hi Agnieszkajulia,
My names Emelia, I'm an official rep for GSM London. How's you're search coming along? If there's anything that I could help you with please don't hesitate to ask me.
Emelia
Reply 2
Hi @GSMLONDON I want to apply for this course as well, do you know anyone who is working with a degree in Oil and Gas Management from your school? How good is this degree because most degrees are 3 years?
Original post by Nare2014
Hi @GSMLONDON I want to apply for this course as well, do you know anyone who is working with a degree in Oil and Gas Management from your school? How good is this degree because most degrees are 3 years?

Don't fall for their lies, they are heavy on Marketing and are only out for a profit, they will say anything to get a student enrolled.
Hiya @Nare2014 :smile:

Yup, Im about to start the 3rd year @GSM :smile: I think it's great and i've got loads of opportunities from it already!

The 2 year degree is a 3year degree. - Only difference is that with a 3year degree, you get a 3-4month break from june/july - October at the end of each year but on a 2year degree you dont take those 2 holidays (between year 1 & 2, and year 2 & 3 which equal 8months). Instead, you stay at uni and progress straight on to the next semester/year.

So for example, if you start year 1 in October, semester 1 would be October - Dec/Jan and semester 2 would be Feb - April/May. Everyone who is doing 3 years would then go on holiday till october before starting year 2 - but you would start year 2 in June. That means that you would already be ahead of the people you started with by 1 semester. Same happens all through and then you end up finishing 1 academic year (2 semesters) before the people you started with (that took 3years) in the end.

Does that make sense?

AfroBlondie
^ A perfect example of marketing lies, orchestrated by GSM Staff. Pathetic bunch of people. It clearly sounded like an advertisement.
Lol @Shimmyoyo

I am a student on Oil and Gas Management BSc @gsm. Im not sure what you're upset about but it's clearly something you shd probably deal with before starting studying. It's hard to study with a negative attitude.

P.s anyone can find me on Instagram.com/afroblondie. Feel free to check out my own company or follow me on insta via the links on my profile :smile: Its all love

Oh, and thanks for the 'it sounds like an advert' compliment. Clearly evidence that ive learnt a lot already :wink:. And the reason i wrote the explaination so well is because I'M STUDYING THE COURSE DUH!!!!

Afroblondie
#StopTheTrolls
Original post by AfroBlondie
Lol @Shimmyoyo

I am a student on Oil and Gas Management BSc @gsm. Im not sure what you're upset about but it's clearly something you shd probably deal with before starting studying. It's hard to study with a negative attitude.

P.s anyone can find me on Instagram.com/afroblondie. Feel free to check out my own company or follow me on insta via the links on my profile :smile: Its all love

Oh, and thanks for the 'it sounds like an advert' compliment. Clearly evidence that ive learnt a lot already :wink:. And the reason i wrote the explaination so well is because I'M STUDYING THE COURSE DUH!!!!

Afroblondie
#StopTheTrolls

LOOL Who said it was a compliment? Deluded much....I think you'll find that there are staff members lurking in these forums pretending to be students, perhaps you should start a trend on #StoppingThoseTrolls. It's so strange how not one person at the institute as well as most people online (Including staff) have little good to say, then there's a small portion of people like you that repeat the same thing.

I guess people some people see stuff differently. Good luck with your "studies".:smile:
To be honest i came across this forum randomly and thought i could help to answer the question that was asked as i knew the answer. I didnt realise it would cause such a problem to other people but i dont mind a bit of entertainment between semesters :smile:

Anyways, Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending