The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL PhD Applicants 2024

Has anyone applied for a PhD at UCL this year? I've submitted an application to the EPSRC DTP and had my interview last week. I hope we can keep each other updated on our progress in this thread.

Scroll to see replies

I have! There don't seem to be many of us about - or at least I haven't spotted many on the other threads. I will be self-funded so a slightly different process I expect.
My Portico status hasn't changed from Application under assessment yet, though I did recently get contact from my potential supervisor to say they had done the admissions panel and wanted another informal chat about my fit etc...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous #1
Has anyone applied for a PhD at UCL this year? I've submitted an application to the EPSRC DTP and had my interview last week. I hope we can keep each other updated on our progress in this thread.
I also interviewed for the EPSRC DTP abt 2 weeks ago and no response yet ;-(
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
I also interviewed for the EPSRC DTP abt 2 weeks ago and no response yet ;-(
Fingers crossed. I think we won't hear back until the end of next week.
Same. Does anyone know what an interview entails? i.e. around how many people move on to the interview stage? I'm not so sure what to make of it. Fingers crossed!
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous #3
Same. Does anyone know what an interview entails? i.e. around how many people move on to the interview stage? I'm not so sure what to make of it. Fingers crossed!
I guess people who meet the basic requirements are eligible for the interview.
Original post by Jessy09
I guess people who meet the basic requirements are eligible for the interview.

Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder how many of those who meet the basic requirements move to the interview stage.
Original post by Anonymous #4
Yeah, that makes sense. I wonder how many of those who meet the basic requirements move to the interview stage.
I asked some of the current dtp students and they said ard 2-6 were selected for interview for each project/supervisor. Usually 2-3 would be elected to the final round
And does someone always get picked in the final round or are some projects discarded?
Original post by Anonymous #2
I asked some of the current dtp students and they said ard 2-6 were selected for interview for each project/supervisor. Usually 2-3 would be elected to the final round

And does someone always get picked in the final round or are some projects discarded?
I counted there're ard 200 projects advertised this year but only 70 positions, so definitely some projects will be discarded (no one applied to, project not selected by panel etc)
Any update on this? Has anyone heard back?
I had an interview 3 weeks ago, and haven’t heard back.
Hi all, I received an offer quite some time ago for a PhD in History at UCL, think it was early Jan
For the epsrc dtp, are they on stage 3 yet? Or are they still evaluating the interviews?
For the epsrc dtp, are they on stage 3 yet? Or are they still evaluating the interviews?
I had an EPSRC DTP interview 3 weeks ago but haven’t heard back!
Fair! I’m in the same spot (interviewed a few weeks ago) and am wondering if the absence of communication means I moved on to the 3rd round?
Reply 17
Anyone here applied for mathematics? I have had an informal interview with my potential supervisor, but he told me the EPSRC application assessments were anonymous by supervisors, so he has said he will supervise me but he's not sure about whether or not I will receive funding?
Original post by dds47lj
Anyone here applied for mathematics? I have had an informal interview with my potential supervisor, but he told me the EPSRC application assessments were anonymous by supervisors, so he has said he will supervise me but he's not sure about whether or not I will receive funding?

I did not apply for mathematics but EPSRC dtps are indeed anonymous
Reply 19
I did not apply for mathematics but EPSRC dtps are indeed anonymous
So who does the interview then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending