What did you get for
"Hic me vulnera
Original post by Tc2234
What did you get for
"Hic me vulnera"

Here, wound me
Reply 23
Original post by TeenPolyglot
It all made sense, but it was difficult in a few respects. There were a fair few words which I had personally never seen before- 'inrupit', which apparently means 'he violated/he broke in'.

Also, did anyone definitely get what the clause with 'tum ventrem suum Anceto offerens exclamavit', or whatever it was, means?

I couldn't work out where the offerens came in, due to the fact Anceto was not in the nominative, yet he was the one that had caused Agrippina to die...

For the 'tum ventrem...' sentence the translation is:
- Then she shouted out offering her stomach to Ancetus
tum= then
ventrem= stomach
suum= her (goes with stomach: her stomach)
anceto= to Ancetus (its in the dative)
offerens= offering
exclamavit= shouted out
It all made sense, but it was difficult in a few respects. There were a fair few words which I had personally never seen before- 'inrupit', which apparently means 'he violated/he broke in'.

Also, did anyone definitely get what the clause with 'tum ventrem suum Anceto offerens exclamavit', or whatever it was, means?

I couldn't work out where the offerens came in, due to the fact Anceto was not in the nominative, yet he was the one that had caused Agrippina to die...

I put 'then she shouted out, offering Anicetus her stomach'.

Not sure if that's right :/
Reply 25
Original post by Pedaly7
For the 'tum ventrem...' sentence the translation is:
- Then she shouted out offering her stomach to Ancetus
tum= then
ventrem= stomach
suum= her (goes with stomach: her stomach)
anceto= to Ancetus (its in the dative)
offerens= offering
exclamavit= shouted out

I got that too!!
Wasn't too hard a paper all in all.. I was expecting a lot worse 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Castro300
Here, wound me

Same 👊🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Good paper in general, only marks i lost was i forgot confecta was wear out and didnt put very many wounds (2 marks lost ) what did everyone get for the line with dominam and facile. These 2 bits are the only places ive lost marks, other than that, im happy

If you're talking about the sentence that was about the slaves in the house I got something along the lines of easily killing the slaves who had been left behind in order to protect the/their mistress
Reply 28
Original post by dance25
I got that too!!
Wasn't too hard a paper all in all.. I was expecting a lot worse 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. I mostly struggled with the part: plurimis vulneribus profecta, Aggripina periit
Original post by Pedaly7
If you're talking about the sentence that was about the slaves in the house I got something along the lines of easily killing the slaves who had been left behind in order to protect the/their mistress

Yeah, i got something similar to that, the first question was 'a very dreadful thing happened'?

Firstly, "inrupit" is derived from "rupere" [to break/burst] with the added prefix "in-" [in].

I am fairly positive that the clause was translated as follows: 'Then, offering (to) Anicetus her stomach, she exclaimed, "wound me here!"'
Original post by UmbralArbiter
Firstly, "inrupit" is derived from "rupere" [to break/burst] with the added prefix "in-" [in].

I am fairly positive that the clause was translated as follows: 'Then, offering (to) Anicetus her stomach, she exclaimed, "wound me here!"'

Yeah, thats right. However , i think exclaimed is wrong, 'clamavit' shouted 'ex' is out:shouted out
Yeah, thats right. However , i think exclaimed is wrong, 'clamavit' shouted 'ex' is out:shouted out

Aww noo I put exclaimed too D:

They're synonymous (double checked on wiktionary)
Not trying to be arrogant or anything, but I thought those 2 exams were ridiculously easy. I finished the first paper in 16 minutes and the second one in 18 minutes. In total I have only made one mistake which was I forgot "dona" was plural in the first exam.
Original post by Tc2234
What did you get for
"Hic me vulnera"

I put "Wound me here!" As 'vulnera' is in the imperative and it's reflexive, in accordance with 'me'. 'Hic' can mean 'here', but if you didn't know that, you could have inferred it from the previous clause.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Yeah it could have been so much worse I thought... hoping for an A* in both papers.... Hopefully the lit will be okay as well.....:smile:
Reply 37
Yeah, i got something similar to that, the first question was 'a very dreadful thing happened'?

yup
Reply 38
Original post by UmbralArbiter
I put "Wound me here!" As 'vulnera' is in the imperative and it's reflexive, in accordance with 'me'. 'Hic' can mean 'here', but if you didn't know that, you could have infered it from the previous clause.

I messed that up (crossed it out at the last minute!!) - how many marks do you think I will have lost?
Original post by fuzz13
I messed that up (crossed it out at the last minute!!) - how many marks do you think I will have lost?

What did you write instead?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending