The Student Room Group

Mobile Suit Gundam Metaseries Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vin
Started Seed.:erm: It's very colourful ...and kira doesnt seem very likable.:s-smilie:

He is very very bland, you won't dislike him but you won't like him, I kind of nothing him tbh. Surprised you haven't watched it.
Reply 61
Original post by vin
Started Seed.:erm: It's very colourful ...and kira doesnt seem very likable.:s-smilie:

New Sunrise (i.e. Code Geass was equally colourful). As for Kira, I was indifferent for the most part but he grew on me later on.
Reply 62
I've seen Gundam Wing though I can't remember much of what actually happens in it, the Gundam 00 series and am currently following Gundam Unicorn. Favourite out of them would be 00.
Reply 63
Original post by vin

Jesus Yamato refuses to die for your sins!

Reply 64
If anyone feels up to watching twenty minutes of corporate puff, the Gundam AGE press conference is up on YouTube here, with English subtitles (click the closed captions button).

Key points shamelessly copied from the relevant thread on /m/:

-Confirmed for running for a straight year. If the [rumour] about [Kyoukai Senjou no] Horizon is true, Sunrise will have two 4-cour shows airing at the same time (technically three if Gintama doesn't end any time soon)

[...]

-The subject of the show looking like it is aimed "at children" is brought up. The target however seems to be "everybody who likes Gundam", appealing to adults who haven't watched Gundam in a while as well as the longtime hardcore fans.

-A small hint that the UE are more than just simple invaders is given

-The focus will seriously be on generations. There will be a child's look on war, then a father with his child and a grandfather with his children as well as the outlook of the children themselves. (referring to the three protags and how they will grow up through the 100 year war)

-"Perspective" of war is also a focus. Gundam's serious examination of war will be an important mainstay.
Obviously this is what they're saying, not necessarily what's actually the case.

One of the speakers points out that it's been two and a half years since 00. It's been that long already? Damn.

Also if you care to read the comments you can witness the frontier of our civilisation's descent into barbarism. I'd forgotten how bad YouTube comments sections are.
Reply 65
Seed could do with Captain bright slapping some sense into these unruly children.:erm: Especially that red haired girl flay.:s: She's a right bitch.:erm:

The little pink harro sounds like its drunk.:mmm:
(edited 12 years ago)
where can you watch these online? specifically gundam wing..
Original post by hockeyjoe
where can you watch these online? specifically gundam wing..

Crunchyroll has Gundam Wing, as well as a few others (such as the original Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta and 00). :smile:
Reply 68
Bandai's Anime Channel on youtube has the english dub http://www.youtube.com/show/mobilesuitgundamwing?s=1
Reply 69
Seed is growing on me, I like the opening and ending themes :h:, The blond ace pilots are somewhat cool and know what their doing :giggle: but someone reeeeally needs to slap flay :indiff: they should have a captain bright clone for purely this purpose :hmmm:
Reply 70
SEED was my first contact with Gundam, and I still have this kind of sneaking affection for it. (Hearing 'Invoke' brings a rush of nostalgia.)

Will be interesting to hear what you think of Flay when you're finished with it.
Reply 71
Best Gundam wing manga to read people? Looking for action and a bit of :sexface:
Reply 72
Loved this anime! All time favourite!!

:adore: Gundam Exia Raiser :cool:
Reply 73
Original post by F_shakeey

Best Gundam wing manga to read people? Looking for action and a bit of :sexface:

Gundam wing manga with action:sexface:?:s: Sorry Im not really familiar with any gundam manga nor gundam wing yaoi which is what you seem to be after. :lolwut:

Cara might know :hmmmm:
Caraniel
:poke:
Reply 74
Original post by vin
Gundam wing manga with action:sexface:?:s: Sorry Im not really familiar with any gundam manga nor gundam wing yaoi which is what you seem to be after. :lolwut:

Basically I have an app with so much manga in it want to read a good gundam wing manga with action and a bit of :sexafce: in it. Could you please ask? Since I don't know hwo they are :tongue:
Reply 75
Basically I have an app with so much manga in it want to read a good gundam wing manga with action and a bit of :sexafce: in it. Could you please ask? Since I don't know hwo they are :tongue:

oh she'll be along when she sees the quote :hmmmm:

did a check on anime planet and theres three manga:
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Episode Zero
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Blind Target
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Battlefield of Pacifists

no idea what these are like but they're only a single volume, looks like theres a few more according to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Wing#Manga
Reply 76
Original post by vin
oh she'll be along when she sees the quote :hmmmm:

did a check on anime planet and theres three manga:
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Episode Zero
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Blind Target
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Battlefield of Pacifists

no idea what these are like but they're only a single volume, looks like theres a few more according to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Wing#Manga

Alright thanks a lot for your help. Also is Bleach good? And Full Metal Alchemist? I've never read them in full. Always been short for time till now :biggrin:
Reply 77

Original post by vin

Cara might know :hmmmm:

Is it official Gundam Wing manga you're after? Um I've only read the Episode Zero one that has the origin stories........

If its Gundam Wing yaoi on the other hand, I'm sure I could list a few titles if you tell me what pairing :mmm:
Reply 78
Original post by caraniel
Is it official Gundam Wing manga you're after? Um I've only read the Episode Zero one that has the origin stories........

If its Gundam Wing yaoi on the other hand, I'm sure I could list a few titles if you tell me what pairing :mmm:

Im after the best Gundam Wing manga there is :smile:

Whats that? :colondollar:
Reply 79
Im after the best Gundam Wing manga there is :smile:

Whats that? :colondollar:

If you have to ask, yaoi is clearly not what you're after :giggle:

Regarding the manga - Episode Zero is the only one I've read & its a prequel to the main series; good to get the origin stories, but not really full of action.

The others are mainly missions set in between the series end and the Endless Waltz OVA, but I haven't read them so can't comment on how good the stories are.

Haven't read much Gundam manga at all actually, mainly because I prefer to see my explosions and giant robots animated.

Quick Reply

Latest