The Student Room Group

Bored of tv

For some reason I can no longer watch tv shows or movies without zoning off on my phone and multitasking. I can never watch an episode of anything without being bored or wanting to do something else even if I like whats on the tv. I've now moved onto reading which is much better because I think its more interactive. But how do I get better at watching tv?
Original post by verderapscallion
For some reason I can no longer watch tv shows or movies without zoning off on my phone and multitasking. I can never watch an episode of anything without being bored or wanting to do something else even if I like whats on the tv. I've now moved onto reading which is much better because I think its more interactive. But how do I get better at watching tv?
I've found that turning off notifications on all my apps has helped me look at my phone less often. Maybe you just need to find something that you're really interested in watching? However, reading is a great alternative to watching TV :smile:
You have the modern wired brain that cannot focus on a single task for long due to over stimulation. Try reading more or going for a nice walk.

Hands off your phone when watching TV and it must not be close to you when you do it. Simple thing.

Quick Reply

Latest