The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography A2 Unit 4: Life on the Margins- 16th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone!
Soooooooo... how did we all find that?! I think I felt quite happy with it. But you never know with geography! I find it so hard to mark my own stuff so we'll just have to wait and see!
I think I chose quite a bad structure of doing a socio-economic, political and environmental sections but I think I made it work out by saying they all overlapped so therefore it's super complex (insert clever terminology things).

I managed to forget one of my case studies completely (Haiti)!!! But I had time to add it in before the conclusion with an asterisk and a little note saying "(on next page (10))". Does anyone think that I could lose marks from that in written communication? I made it clear which section was asterisked and added a sentence to the sub conc mentioning it. :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eturtle182
Soooooooo... how did we all find that?! I think I felt quite happy with it. But you never know with geography! I find it so hard to mark my own stuff so we'll just have to wait and see!
I think I chose quite a bad structure of doing a socio-economic, political and environmental sections but I think I made it work out by saying they all overlapped so therefore it's super complex (insert clever terminology things).

I managed to forget one of my case studies completely (Haiti)!!! But I had time to add it in before the conclusion with an asterisk and a little note saying "(on next page (10))". Does anyone think that I could lose marks from that in written communication? I made it clear which section was asterisked and added a sentence to the sub conc mentioning it. :/

I think that it's possible that you may have lost a couple of marks for written communication, but probably no more than a couple!!

I thought it went really well but I was hoping that the question would be a little more specific so that we wouldn't have to use all 6 case studies! It was so much to write!! But I did manage to finish! I structured it like that as well, I did two paragraphs on each socio-economic, political and environmental, one for surplus and one for famine, and then I also did a paragraph at the end of my main discussion saying it depends on the capacity to cope the population has! All in all I thought it was good! Much better than unit 3!
Really bummed, didn't have time to finish my last case study and it seemed all wishy washy, i hope i don't lose too many marks because of it since the ones before it were okay (i hope), I should have just got rid of it all together lol. But oh well, the question wasn't that bad.
Original post by thelizzister
Really bummed, didn't have time to finish my last case study and it seemed all wishy washy, i hope i don't lose too many marks because of it since the ones before it were okay (i hope), I should have just got rid of it all together lol. But oh well, the question wasn't that bad.

Ahhh that sucks! But I'm sure if it was only one of them and the others were okay that it would have been okay!!
Original post by eturtle182

loool i did exactly the same in terms of the sturcture and the overlapping thing and the asterisk aswell. wow if i knew i lost marks for that i wouldnt have done it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending