The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Geography Paper 1 (7037/1) - 16th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

AQA A Level Geography Paper 1 (7037/1) - 16th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 16th May/ AM
Length: 2h 30m

Resources
AQA A Level Geography
(edited 1 week ago)
Hi, I'm flowersinmyhair and I am aiming for a B in geography. I prefer the physical side of the course but I am better at the human side. I find memorising the different processes that take place in physical geography quite difficult which is where I tend to lose the most marks.
Reply 2
Anyone know where to get good resources for Geography. Also does anyone know where to find a better specification the one provided by AQA seems really waffly.
Original post by IZC
Anyone know where to get good resources for Geography. Also does anyone know where to find a better specification the one provided by AQA seems really waffly.
The CGP revision guide is good. I don't think there is a better spec honestly though.
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
The CGP revision guide is good. I don't think there is a better spec honestly though.

thanks bro
Hey guys! How many hours of revision a night are you doing for geography? I'm just trying to work out if I am revising more or less than people from other schools. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Stdomingo
Hey guys! How many hours of revision a night are you doing for geography? I'm just trying to work out if I am revising more or less than people from other schools. Thanks :smile:
None at the moment lol, but I really need to get my head in the game. I think I will aim for somewhere between 30 minutes and an hour but I need to plan that out first.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Hi, I'm flowersinmyhair and I am aiming for a B in geography. I prefer the physical side of the course but I am better at the human side. I find memorising the different processes that take place in physical geography quite difficult which is where I tend to lose the most marks.

I'm aiming for a B too, maybe an A if my coursework mark is good 🙂 I struggle with 20 mark questions, never got above 14
Original post by cupboardfrog
I'm aiming for a B too, maybe an A if my coursework mark is good 🙂 I struggle with 20 mark questions, never got above 14
I have little faith in my coursework so I'm relying on the exams. I find 20 markers vary quite a lot - I get anywhere from 7 marks to 18 lol
Original post by cupboardfrog

I'm aiming for a B too realistically but hoping for an A and same I sometimes struggle with 20 markers as well also what revision resource do you guys use? I can't find any other stuff apart from watching the curious geographer on YT, savemyexams and PMT
Hey guys! Just wondering how you guys would tackle a 20 or 9 marker questions as my marks fluctuates a lot in them. I'm aiming to improve it and be more consistent on getting higher marks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending