The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
FoOtYdUdE
Any suitable Base. I wrote NaOH, lol. *summat to do with scrubbers* [neutralising]

I put neutralising but wasnt sure :s-smilie: !!!
Crap, seems like I've got the spectroscopy question wrong then.... :facepalm:

This paper felt easier than the one last year though, despite only doing 1 day of revision for it. What did you guys put for "how is ozone maintained in the atmosphere?", did you have to quote the exact wavelengths of light which cause it to be created and destroyed?
Presidential
1) fractional distaillation, separation by boiling points becauses different chain lengths have differen boiling points,

err to be exothemic the enthalpy change that occurs when breaking bonds must be less than the enthalpy change when the bonds of products are made.

anther.... can be reused, 100% atom economy, sustainable, no poisnous gases etc

Damn, I knew I was reading the question slightly wrong. I said for the first question that the Kerosene is seperated due to its hydricarbon length (via a range) in a fractional column.

And for the enthalpy I said that the enthalpy change is exothermic; (heat) energy is absorbed to break the bonds abd energy is released to make the bonds.
What do people think about the grade boundaries? In june it was 75/100 (Raw) for an A.

Higher or Lower?
Reply 44
FoOtYdUdE
I'm almost certain it was a carboxylic acid and not a ketone. Guys did u not see the C-0 peak??????? @ ~ 1200 cm ^-1 or was i hallucinating?>? i'm certain it was propanoic acid.

I got propan-1-ol and propanoic acid too
Reply 45
Overall thought the paper wasnt 2 bad would really appreciate 85% + will see (but hav a bad feelin its not cuz of little mistakes) :angry:

dreadin f324 errrggghhhh
the question that asked to draw out C6 H10 O6..how did you do this?..anyone?
major-major-major
What do people think about the grade boundaries? In june it was 75/100 (Raw) for an A.

Higher or Lower?

higher 80 maybe if people did well, or it may just stay the same
hupper12345

It was a di-ester.
hupper12345

I cant remember that, was dat in f322?
im super confused..
is bond making endothermic or exothermic?
nameless_one
im super confused..

Exothermic.
Good Apollo
It was a di-ester.

wasnt it C6H10O4
nameless_one
im super confused..

endothermic= bond breaking
exo= bond making

hmm i think..
Reply 54
nameless_one
nah it was deffo two
it say describe bla bla bla... include an equation in your answer

No. I was pretty sure it was just 1 mark, as i remember being surprised.
Presidential
wasnt it C6H10O4

ohh really...might of been...i hated that Question.....this paper was quite hard.
Presidential
wasnt it C6H10O4

Yeah, I'm assuming hupper12345 was talking about that though.
thecdon
No. I was pretty sure it was just 1 mark, as i remember being surprised.

If your talking bout f322 it was 2 marks
Reply 58
Presidential
there was no OH peak so it was not a carboxylic. Also there was a fragmentation a 45 which is ch3ch(oh)

Actually, COOH+ ALSo = 45! :confused: Aaaah, i'm certain i saw a C-0. i have a data sheet in front of me cuz i'm revising for unit 4. i'm 110% sure it's propanoic acid! aww, i'm being so stubborn. sorry guys. don't hate me! :o:
Reply 59
hupper12345
endothermic= bond breaking
exo= bond making

hmm i think..

yup

Latest

Trending

Trending