The Student Room Group

the University of Hong Kong

post removed
(edited 12 years ago)
most of the offers are sent during april and june, so you still have time. also, many of the applicants fail to meet their conditions so if you still didn't get any offers, hku will call you up for an interview (if you're lucky, a straight firm offer), during july or whenever the date is when the results are released.

good luck!
HKU will usually ask for 3 A levels afaik, how come u are only doing two?
Dude you'll definitely get into BBA with 1A* and 4A's... with that kinda grade you can even compete for medicine... don't worry about it
i did the ib diploma last year and im on gap year now. my gcses were good (mostly As) but my ib was very very average, but on april 22nd, i received a firm offer from hku.

so i guess they'll not only take into account of your A-Levels, but also GCSEs as well?

so to answer your question, i think there is a very good chance you'll get an offer. like billykwok said, you're A-Levels are good and if you have a good GCSEs also, then thats even better.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
how much does a year at HKU cost?
with grades like that, you should get into hku unless you're really unlucky. there was a local girl in my year who transfered to my school (international school) and she got a 43 on her ib and did a group interview for science at hku but failed and is now at cuhk.

perhaps she didn't do so well in her interviews but my point is that there are some ppl with great grades not getting into hku and vice versa.

this is a quote from the admission letter hku gave me "This year the University received around 9,000 applications from non-JUPAS applicants".

9,000 and only a few hundred seats available... so i guess all you can do is try your best with your exams (if you have any) and just wait. but stay confident as those grades are great.

good luck again.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
im waiting on engineeing and science but still under consideration :P Any1 have offers for these courses?
Reply 8
also, if you get rejected from a course at HKU and some1 who has an offer rejects it, does the space become available to others?
Reply 9
reynoldrooney
Vicent Ballack,

with grades like that, you should get into hku unless you're really unlucky. there was a local girl in my year who transfered to my school (international school) and she got a 43 on her ib and did a group interview for science at hku but failed and is now at cuhk.

perhaps she didn't do so well in her interviews but my point is that there are some ppl with great grades not getting into hku and vice versa.

this is a quote from the admission letter hku gave me "This year the University received around 9,000 applications from non-JUPAS applicants".

9,000 and only a few hundred seats available... so i guess all you can do is try your best with your exams (if you have any) and just wait. but stay confident as those grades are great.

good luck again.

do u know how many people applied for dentistry by any chance :P?
What is a "firm" offer? I just received my admissions email from HKU but I'm not sure what "firm" means, and I can't find any info on their website >.<

I'm doing IB now, gonna take the exam in May 2013 so I don't have final results yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending