The Student Room Group

Having difficulty choosing UK/HK

Hello, I am an applicant from Hong Kong. I currently hold an offer from Durham to study Economics with Management. Also just received a offer from CUHK to study Quantitave Finance. I’m having a hard time choosing between these two options as I have found that both are quite appealing.

I would appreciate any insights as to which course would be more competitive in the finance/banking industry. I don’t plan to work in Hong Kong so I would probably study a postgraduate programme in another country if I decide to take Qfin in CUHK
Original post by DriftingInChaos
Hello, I am an applicant from Hong Kong. I currently hold an offer from Durham to study Economics with Management. Also just received a offer from CUHK to study Quantitave Finance. I’m having a hard time choosing between these two options as I have found that both are quite appealing.

I would appreciate any insights as to which course would be more competitive in the finance/banking industry. I don’t plan to work in Hong Kong so I would probably study a postgraduate programme in another country if I decide to take Qfin in CUHK

Hi, I'm a current econ student at Durham. I'm not really interested in pursuing a career in banking so I don't know much about it but I'm quite sure Durham is considered a semi-target in the UK; unfortunately I don't know about CUHK's reputation.
It might also be worth checking the module handbooks to understand which modules you find more interesting since you have offers for 2 different courses

Spoiler

The management part in the Durham course might put off some Hong Kong employers I imagine, but if you're not working there that's not an issue. Why are you thinking about going to the UK? If it's for political reasons, Durham is a good uni so it's not a bad idea.
Original post by DriftingInChaos

i know my reply is two years behind. but i would pick QF at CUHK at anytime, not Durham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending