The Student Room Group

English Language Assistant British Council 2023/24

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from their online interview yet?😊
Original post by Auds1004

Hey, I interviewed for Quebec for the English Language Assistant Program. I haven't heard anything back yet, fingers crossed they'll be in touch soon! Where did you apply?

Didn't interview but still waiting on BC to get in touch. Anyone apply to Italy/Spain/France?
Reply 3
Original post by KieranW23
Hey, I interviewed for Quebec for the English Language Assistant Program. I haven't heard anything back yet, fingers crossed they'll be in touch soon! Where did you apply?

I applied for Hong Kong! How did you find the interview? It was only a video but my hands were shaking through most of it😅
Hey! Glad I found this thread lol. I applied to Ecuador, with Spain as a back-up. Hoping to hear sooner than the deadline but it's probably a lost cause!
I applied for Hong Kong! How did you find the interview? It was only a video but my hands were shaking through most of it😅

Aw I'm sure you did great - I think everyone would have been nervous for it! I though the interview went ok but I definitely stumbled on a question, it was strange not having someone to interact with! I was looking back at previous years of applicants on Student Room pages and they seemed to hear back around April time so finger crossed they get back to us soon!
Reply 6
Original post by KieranW23
Aw I'm sure you did great - I think everyone would have been nervous for it! I though the interview went ok but I definitely stumbled on a question, it was strange not having someone to interact with! I was looking back at previous years of applicants on Student Room pages and they seemed to hear back around April time so finger crossed they get back to us soon!

Yeah hopefully🤞 I keep checking my junkmail just incase it went there lol
Anyone applied for Spain? I applied for Catalonia, Balears and Valencia :smile: I studied in Barcelona last year for uni and loved it and I really want to go back (at least be somewhere nearby) I have been shortlisted :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Any advice for filling out the student finance application? I don’t which options to select because all of my friends are unsure too
Reply 9
How do you guys all plan to meet people to go out with on this programme? I know of the app Bumble but wondered of any other ways.
Reply 10
Original post by anonomon
How do you guys all plan to meet people to go out with on this programme? I know of the app Bumble but wondered of any other ways.

There are Facebook groups called British council ELA’s and you can ask to join group chats for your specific region

Hi, did you end up getting the place in Hong Kong? Have you started yet? Would love to know more about your experience as I'm thinking about it for next year.

Hey, I am applying for Hong Kong this year! What kind of questions did they ask you if you dont mind me asking?
Hey. Do you mind sharing what questions you were asked for your Kong Kong interview?

Quick Reply

Latest