The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The paper wasnt as hard as some people are making out...i think it clearly seperated thoose who actually revised and didnt. I personally didnt do good in the question involving the sweat glands in b2,but the rest was fine; and i did b3 (2 much bio in one day). Plus, y u people getting scared....the grade boundaries for january 2010 b2 was 34/45-A* and 31/45- A. Judging on the comments on this thread, the boundary will stay the same.

If people dont belive me, look at the doc below from aqa:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-LEGACY-GDE-BOUND-JAN10.PDF
Reply 41
That's what I put first of all then I thought to myself aren't protease supposed to digest protein. so then I put insulin and said it had folds on the cell to increase it's surface area to take in glucose. And i totally agree with you on the constriction, thats what I put, but it was weird because I would have thought that your internal temperature decreases if you take a cold drink
Reply 42
What was the question about sweat glands in the water drinking one?
I think I read it wrong. -_-
Reply 43
TooEasy123
I put Cell C in the pancreas is adapted to making Protease. This is because there are many ribosomes, thus allowing protein synthesis which can be used for protease enzymes
what about you:?

That's what I put first of all then I thought to myself aren't protease supposed to digest protein. so then I put insulin and said it had folds on the cell to increase it's surface area to take in glucose. And i totally agree with you on the constriction, thats what I put, but it was weird because I would have thought that your internal temperature decreases if you take a cold drink.
adil12
Body temperature increased after ice cold drink was swallowed, which shows less heat was lost due to constriction of blood vessels supplying the capillaries :biggrin:

i put that too!! the vessels constricted to prevent heat loss. but my biology teacher said they dilate due to something relating to the internal temperature. but yeah she must have read the question wrong!!!!!! theres no way we are wrong:/
Reply 45
Rahul.S
The paper wasnt as hard as some people are making out...i think it clearly seperated thoose who actually revised and didnt. I personally didnt do good in the question involving the sweat glands in b2,but the rest was fine; and i did b3 (2 much bio in one day). Plus, y u people getting scared....the grade boundaries for january 2010 b2 was 34/45-A* and 31/45- A. Judging on the comments on this thread, the boundary will stay the same.

You can't say that, they constantly change
p93
That's what I put first of all then I thought to myself aren't protease supposed to digest protein. so then I put insulin and said it had folds on the cell to increase it's surface area to take in glucose. And i totally agree with you on the constriction, thats what I put, but it was weird because I would have thought that your internal temperature decreases if you take a cold drink.

my biology teacher probably got confused haha:/ yeah protease is used to break down protein into amino acids but i thought the ribosomes would somehow relate to protein/protease:P haha hopefully!!!
for the bit before that (which 1 of these cells is most adapted to diffusion) i put cell B (with hairs) because they increase the surface area allowing diffusion to happen at a faster rate
Reply 47
tooeasy123::::::i put that aswell as it makes sense..the only one i know to put that sweta is not released becuase of evaporation

i think ure science teacher is mistaken
Reply 48
tooeasy123: i think were thinking alike...i put that aswell
Reply 49
Cashper1234
what did you put for how to measure the rate of photosynthesis

Ok i put:
measure volume of oxygen
and
do the starch test with iodine

is that right?
Rahul.S

if the boundary for an A* is 34 again then im fine. i expect A* to be around 30-35 this time in my opinion, the questions werent hard its the way they worded them to make us think
Reply 51
How much was the sweat gland one worth???
Was it three?
I'm such an idiot arghh...

What do you all think the grade boundary will be?
I'm scared mine is gonna be really close or just miss an a* by one mark or something :frown:

I hate biology.
purplesky
How much was the sweat gland one worth???
Was it three?
I'm such an idiot arghh...

What do you all think the grade boundary will be?
I'm scared mine is gonna be really close or just miss an a* by one mark or something :frown:

I hate biology.

Sweat gland was 2. A* boundary usually around 26-29
I second the bio hate
So I dropped marks in the following for sure:
2 carbon compounds (2 marks)

chromosomes in a gamete cell of a goat - i didnt read the word goat and assumed human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 mark)

unsure of marks on these:

why does the carnivore release more energy by respiration than a herbivore? (1 mark) i put the food consumed by a carnivore will have been further in the food chain, so there would be less biomass and so some of it would be less efficient :s-smilie: ha

what is the function of DNA (2 marks)
i put carries genetic information e.g eye colour

other than that everything was fine xD
AmrajB
tooeasy123::::::i put that aswell as it makes sense..the only one i know to put that sweta is not released becuase of evaporation

i think ure science teacher is mistaken

maybe she thought the question said the person had a hot drink like coffee. in that case you would vasodilate; at least i think you would anyway :/
Reply 55
yay!
temperature...
then carbon dioxide

and i wrote nitrates as one of the carbon compounds....

what did every1 write for the one about the goats cell during meiosis
it originally had 60 chromosomes
so meiosis ...
i wrote 30?
Reply 56
DIFFFFIUCLT!
but dont worry all my friends (even the clever ones) found it really hard.
im realising now i made loads of mistakess...woops!
aiming for an A so fingers crossed
:smile:
i got so confused at the last question tho, didnt realise we had to use the table so i just guessed random numbers!!
TooEasy123

why does the carnivore release more energy by respiration than a herbivore?

I put herbivores have their food nearby (such as grass for cows) therefore they release less energy from respiration by movement than carnivores that have to move about more to look for food releasing more energy through respiration. :biggrin:
Reply 58
Lizzie-Harrison
Sweat gland was 2. A* boundary usually around 26-29
I second the bio hate

Oh goood! Here's me thinking I'd lost 4 marks or something...
And that low?! I really hope that's right!

Glad to see I'm not alone on that :wink:
TooEasy123
So I dropped marks in the following for sure:
2 carbon compounds (2 marks)

chromosomes in a gamete cell of a goat - i didnt read the word goat and assumed human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 mark)

unsure of marks on these:

why does the carnivore release more energy by respiration than a herbivore? (1 mark) i put the food consumed by a carnivore will have been further in the food chain, so there would be less biomass and so some of it would be less efficient :s-smilie: ha

what is the function of DNA (2 marks)
i put carries genetic information e.g eye colour

other than that everything was fine xD

yourr right about the herbivores. im such a fool!! i wrote: to maintain a constant internal temp highre than the surroundings , i was thinking that carnvores were mammals. and i mucked up carbon is said: fats and carbohydrates. and ahh i lost marks on why are there equal numbers of chromosomes..

Latest

Trending

Trending