The Student Room Group

OCR F324 (Chains, rings and spectroscopy) 28/06/10

Scroll to see replies

AnniG
I wish.. I swear I read on another thread that you took biology a year early?? You're clearly the genius here :smile: Cambridge are idiots!

Yeah I did. anddddddd got 99% overall :cool: (it was pure fluke though)..Unfortunately, I'm not as good in chem:frown:

Yeah. I.hate.cambridge.:mad:
Reply 181
_Andrew_
Yeah I did. anddddddd got 99% overall :cool: (it was pure fluke though)..Unfortunately, I'm not as good in chem:frown:

Yeah. I.hate.cambridge.:mad:

:O It's not normal to get 99% overall in a year!! It's weird I used to be miles better at chemistry (98% last year) but now I'm way better at biology.. strange.. It's physics that'll kill me though!!
Reply 182
Also, has anyone got any C-13 NMR questions - I can't find any on the old papers :confused:
cyborg
Also, has anyone got any C-13 NMR questions - I can't find any on the old papers :confused:

Yeah, it seems like they never test on that.
Reply 184
http://thepaperbank.co.uk/papers/AS-A%20Levels/Chemistry/Chains%20Rings%20and%20Spectroscopy/2814_2005_jun_p.pdf

On question 1 b ii, is it just me or is there a mistake on the mark scheme? Because that equation does not look balanced to me.
Woody.
http://thepaperbank.co.uk/papers/AS-A%20Levels/Chemistry/Chains%20Rings%20and%20Spectroscopy/2814_2005_jun_p.pdf

On question 1 b ii, is it just me or is there a mistake on the mark scheme? Because that equation does not look balanced to me.

its should be 1na and 1/2 h2
Reply 186
Presidential
its should be 1na and 1/2 h2

That's what I thought, I guess it's a mistake then.
Hurrahhhhhhh I done that paper the other dayy, and I was like WHAT? I ignored it - thinking I was missing something - so I'm glad you guys picked up on it aswell. So yeah, it's a mistake!
Reply 188
_Andrew_
pastexampapers.com :smile:

Thanks....do we need to know about extending carbon chain with CN?
Reply 189
jimber
Thanks....do we need to know about extending carbon chain with CN?

Nope, don't think so.
Does anybody have the June 2005 paper, with the actual spectroscopy graphs? They have been removed due to copyright restrictions in the paper I've got:frown:

jimber

I have learnt that mechanism, with cyanide addition, just in case. But yeah, all we need to know that it's useful in organic synthesis at it extends the length of the carbon chain.
_Andrew_
Does anybody have the June 2005 paper, with the actual spectroscopy graphs? They have been removed due to copyright restrictions in the paper I've got:frown:

Here.
Liverpool F.C.™
Here.

Your the best. Rep coming
how was unit 2 exam poeple?
ghazalkhan
how was unit 2 exam poeple?

I thought it was good, Im hoping I managed to get an A.
Reply 195
Unit 2 wasn't too bad. I keep changing my mind about how it was.
Wow just checked out some of the resources you guys have provided!
Thank you so much! They're all amazing!
I'm finding the NMR and the carbon thingy so hard to understand :-/
module 3 makes 1 and 2 seem easy :-O
I think I'm ready for this exam now! I wish it was next week!
If the components of a chromatogram were colourless, what can you use to see them?

Iodine? and something Hydride or Hydrazine?
Chunkeymonkey62
If the components of a chromatogram were colourless, what can you use to see them?

Iodine? and something Hydride or Hydrazine?

ultra violet light, or I may be confused with f322 lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending