The Student Room Group

Would you pay an extra transport cost or skip the class?

Attendance is not counted for that module.

I have three days which I need to get to a joint-U training by hkcccslm which starts at 19:30, and the last class of the day is at 18:00-18:50. The commute is around 40 minutes long according to Google Maps, so I may be late for the training if something goes wrong. Alternatively I can take a taxi which should take me just 20 minutes to get to the venue. Also, I have a cell group which lasts from 16:30-18:00, so I have no time for dinner!

If you were me, would you skip the class (or leave early), or just pay the taxi cost?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
I would personally leave early by about 5-10 minutes, if it's only for a few days that should be no problem and there won't be too much work to catch up on :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by teddybabie
I would personally leave early by about 5-10 minutes, if it's only for a few days that should be no problem and there won't be too much work to catch up on :smile:

They can arrange for me to arrive at 19:45-20:00, which gives me no reason to skip the class!
I just need to tell them I need to be late and it's alright!

I just need to skip one class tentatively for the whole term, as there was an event at 7 that day and I was one of the committee members for that event.
(edited 7 months ago)
@8013

Eat at cell group or alternatively let your cell group leader know that you will not be able to make it.

As long as missing cell group doesn't become a pattern, it's okay to miss it when there's literally no time to get from one thing to the next!

Be a person of integrity.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 4
A few days ago I boarded a minibus at 18:51 to leave the university. The minibus left at around 18:55, and reached my stop at 19:06, where I made a connection. Google Maps said that leg takes 20 minutes but my experience would cut 5 minutes off their estimated time. They also said the wait for a train for my second leg is 5 minutes, but actually it's closer to 2-3 minutes, which takes two more minutes off the time required. My estimated time of arrival (with a leaving time of 18:55) is 19:35 by Google Maps, but actually it will be 19:28! This means I'm gonna make it on time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending