The Student Room Group

OCR F324 (Chains, rings and spectroscopy) 28/06/10

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I love the analysis stuff, lots of easy marks because the questions seem to be pretty long.

I don't really like the polymer stuff, either. I really like the rings stuff, though, benzene and it's reactions are pretty straightforward.
Reply 81
Woody.
Chillax. I got about 70% on my first chains, rings and spec paper and now it's 80% (after about 3-4 papers), you'll improve loads as you do more. Also, it's not like AS, the exams are immediately as we go back, so there's still plenty of time :smile:

Yeah, hopefully I'll improve. I was horrified like this when I done my first unit two paper, but that turned out alright in the end:smile: I want to get next weeks news out the way too!!!!!
Reply 82
_Andrew_
Yeah, hopefully I'll improve. I was horrified like this when I done my first unit two paper, but that turned out alright in the end:smile: I want to get next weeks news out the way too!!!!!

Do all the colleges give all the offers on January the 5th?
Reply 83
Woody.
Do all the colleges give all the offers on January the 5th?

Yes, it's a universal date for all colleges!
Reply 84
_Andrew_
Yes, it's a universal date for all colleges!

Scary times. Ah well, fingers crossed I guess (:
Reply 85
My college haven't gone through the analysis stuff yet.. nor synthesis.
skatealexia
My college haven't gone through the analysis stuff yet.. nor synthesis.

Are you serious ?

We completed the syllabus ages ago, but then again it wasn't much effective. I'm having to go through most of it again.
Reply 87
Our school did not go through Chromatography - but it's one of those chapters where all you need to do is to memorise the information; there's no application - so it's ok.
Reply 88
We really rushed through the syllabus, now we've been finished for ages and we're starting the Unit 2 stuff. I don't like doing it this way, I just want to concentrate on the Unit 1 stuff for January.
Reply 89
steph_v
We really rushed through the syllabus, now we've been finished for ages and we're starting the Unit 2 stuff. I don't like doing it this way, I just want to concentrate on the Unit 1 stuff for January.

Same - we are half way through the next module and so we don't get revision time during lessons in January :frown:
Reply 90
cyborg
Same - we are half way through the next module and so we don't get revision time during lessons in January :frown:

I think it's a terrible way of doing it, personally :frown:
There is so much to learn. :frown: I dread what the June exam will be like.
OMG! this is exam is only 1 hour! i am gona fail!!:frown:
and i also have to retake unit 2!!!! argggggggg
and our school didnt even go through unit 2 instead they jumped to unit 5
What exactly do we need to know about Chromatography and GC-MS?
It's all in the spec what you need to know.
Reply 96
I'm about to throw my OCR textbook out the window; the NMR/spec explanations are soo bad!
Reply 97
Liverpool F.C.™
Are you serious ?

We completed the syllabus ages ago, but then again it wasn't much effective. I'm having to go through most of it again.

:frown: YEPPP.
hey quick question i got 61 out 90...how the hell can that be D???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
anyone ?????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending