Original post by yaravel
ahahahaha :biggrin:

(but not really)

How can you not like it? :tongue:
Reply 81
Original post by Hemzo

Original post by Hemzo
How can you not like it? :tongue:

Don't know exactly why! There's actually a song with my name on it, people used to sing the song to me when I was younger. Maybe I got bored after that :tongue:
Reply 82
Original post by Hemzo
Just out of curiousity.. Does anyone like Kizomba here? :biggrin:

Yo!

kuduro, and (some) Brazilian Funk here :smug:

I dont like Kizomba that much, all the songs kinda sound the same after awhile :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 83
Original post by yaravel
Don't know exactly why! There's actually a song with my name on it, people used to sing the song to me when I was younger. Maybe I got bored after that :tongue:

Is your name Yolanda? :ninja:

:giggle:
Reply 84
Original post by ussumane

Is your name Yolanda? :ninja:

:giggle:

Yara :tongue:
hey, another portuguese to add to ur list :smile:...

I had two conditional offers from UCL and Kings College but decided to go to University of Leicester since I was too young to be by myself in london (thats what mum and dad said lol and I had my brother doing econs at the uni of leicester)... Will be starting Law in October and am very excited about it...

Wish u all the best
Original post by Hemzo

I still listen to it but im gradually forgetting how to dance....and once u start going to uk clubs, ull totally lose ur interest in kizomba because u wont find that many people or almost none that dance it and other types of dance like hip hop and reggae give u a wider range of moves than just going back and forth and spinning around...xD
Reply 87
Original post by aspiringwhatever
Olaaaa, não sou portuguesa mas ja vivo ca à muitos anos :smile:

I am going to London next year, to UAL and I was wondering if anyone else is also going?

Ohhh e está aqui alguem do Algarve? (I know I am nosy)

Heey, I know you posted this ages ago, but I'm going to UAL too :awesome: What course will you be doing?
Original post by Hemzo

I like some! Along with Caipirinha music (aswell as the drink :wink: and kuduro!
Reply 89
Original post by yaravel

Ah fair enough, atleast dancing to it is fun though? :tongue:

Yo!

kuduro, and (some) Brazilian Funk here :smug:

I dont like Kizomba that much, all the songs kinda sound the same after awhile :dontknow:

Ahh I know what you mean, some Mika Mendes and Elizio songs can sound like they have the same beats.

Original post by junysmillin
I still listen to it but im gradually forgetting how to dance....and once u start going to uk clubs, ull totally lose ur interest in kizomba because u wont find that many people or almost none that dance it and other types of dance like hip hop and reggae give u a wider range of moves than just going back and forth and spinning around...xD

Over in England we listen to dubstep, drum and base, grime, house.. In short.. Your brain will melt in the process :tongue:
My aunt's from Angola and her family literally all dance to Kizomba, I think its cos Kizomba's from Angola originally, but they can dance really well to it!

Original post by BeautifulArmour
I like some! Along with Caipirinha music (aswell as the drink :wink: and kuduro!

Just youtubed Kuduro! Looks great! Wouldn't probably be able to do that myself though :tongue:
Original post by Hemzo
Ah fair enough, atleast dancing to it is fun though? :tongue:

Ahh I know what you mean, some Mika Mendes and Elizio songs can sound like they have the same beats.

Over in England we listen to dubstep, drum and base, grime, house.. In short.. Your brain will melt in the process :tongue:
My aunt's from Angola and her family literally all dance to Kizomba, I think its cos Kizomba's from Angola originally, but they can dance really well to it!

Just youtubed Kuduro! Looks great! Wouldn't probably be able to do that myself though :tongue:

it has already :smile: i spent a year doing a foundation course in leicester and got to live a bit like a fresher and i couldnt care less that i was forgetting how to dance kizomba...though when i come back home its a must to get back on track when it comes to kizomba if u dont want to spend an entire party talking and drinking, not dancing...
Reply 91
Original post by junysmillin
it has already :smile: i spent a year doing a foundation course in leicester and got to live a bit like a fresher and i couldnt care less that i was forgetting how to dance kizomba...though when i come back home its a must to get back on track when it comes to kizomba if u dont want to spend an entire party talking and drinking, not dancing...

When I went to my cousin's christening, I was so suprised how chilled out everything was.. Compared to England anyways. Though yes! Hardly any dancing here, just raving and jumping up and down. You just have to dance to Kizomba when you hear it, its almost impossible not to :tongue:
What do you guys think of half-Portuguese kids who don't really speak Portuguese?

I see quite a few of you are half-Portuguese, and as a Portuguese speaker (though I'm neither Portuguese nor Brazilian) I'm curious to know what you guys think.
Reply 93
Original post by Phe-Phi-Pho Phoom
What do you guys think of half-Portuguese kids who don't really speak Portuguese?

I see quite a few of you are half-Portuguese, and as a Portuguese speaker (though I'm neither Portuguese nor Brazilian) I'm curious to know what you guys think.

I think those kids parents should encourage them to learn their language. I think it's a matter of intrest in their heritage and respect for the family.
Reply 94

It's a bit sad, I think. I would definitely teach my kids mine/their language even if I was living in another country. There are a lot of portuguese emmigrants in France, and it's becoming a habit to see, during the summer holidays in touristic places like Algarve, native portuguese people constantly speaking french with their kids, who are completely unaware of the language. You would think that it's something not worth teaching, and I think it is.
Just out of curiosity, how did you learn portuguese?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by yaravel
It's a bit sad, I think. I would definitely teach my kids mine/their language even if I was living in another country. There are a lot of portuguese emmigrants in France, and it's becoming a habit to see, during the summer holidays in touristic places like Algarve, native portuguese people constantly speaking french with their kids, who are completely unaware of the language. You would think that it's something not worth teaching, and I think it is.
Just out of curiosity, how did you learn portuguese?

I completely agree with you, but with a growing trend towards multi-culturalism, it's tough for parents/kids to keep up with all the languages. I was brought up bi-lingual myself, but imagine I marry a bi-lingual whose mother tongues are completely different to mine. Would definitely result in some tough decision.

I lived in Lusophone Africa for over a decade, and I recently did my exchange semester in Brazil. As a result of the latter I believe my Brasileiro Portuguese is better than my native Portuguese variant. Good in some people's eyes, unfortunate for those who prefer Portugal over Brazil. But you can't please everyone, right? :smile:
Reply 96

I completely agree with you, but with a growing trend towards multi-culturalism, it's tough for parents/kids to keep up with all the languages. I was brought up bi-lingual myself, but imagine I marry a bi-lingual whose mother tongues are completely different to mine. Would definitely result in some tough decision.

I lived in Lusophone Africa for over a decade, and I recently did my exchange semester in Brazil. As a result of the latter I believe my Brasileiro Portuguese is better than my native Portuguese variant. Good in some people's eyes, unfortunate for those who prefer Portugal over Brazil. But you can't please everyone, right? :smile:

Where in Africa? I'm half-brazilian although I've lived in Portugal all my life ^^ I definitely don't prefer one over the other (although most people do, there's always useless arguments about that among portuguese and brazilian people). Where do you study atm? (I'm sorry I'm being so nosy)
(e vou escrever esta parte em português porque parece errado se eu não o fizer)
Original post by yaravel
Where in Africa? I'm half-brazilian although I've lived in Portugal all my life ^^ I definitely don't prefer one over the other (although most people do, there's always useless arguments about that among portuguese and brazilian people). Where do you study atm? (I'm sorry I'm being so nosy)
(e vou escrever esta parte em português porque parece errado se eu não o fizer)

Don't want to hijack this thread so I'll PM you! :smile:
Original post by yaravel
Heey, I know you posted this ages ago, but I'm going to UAL too :awesome: What course will you be doing?

Heyyy que fixe :smile: I am going to be doing Media Communications and you?
Reply 99

Heyyy que fixe :smile: I am going to be doing Media Communications and you?

Camberwell college doing the Art & Design foundation :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest