The Student Room Group

Switching languages in Cambridge MML course

I've gotten an offer from the University of Cambridge for their MML course, for a combination of a post A-Level language with an ab initio one, but I would like to switch out the ab initio language for a different one (which I would also be learning from scratch). Is this a possibility, and if so, how would you about it?
Reply 1
Which languages did you select? It is easier to switch from French to German or Spanish than Portuguese or Czech or even Polish.
Reply 2
(Original post by thegeek888)Which languages did you select? It is easier to switch from French to German or Spanish than Portuguese or Czech or even Polish.
I was considering switching from Portuguese to German. Would that be okay?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
(Original post by thegeek888)Which languages did you select? It is easier to switch from French to German or Spanish than Portuguese or Czech or even Polish.
I was considering switching from Portuguese to German. Would that be okay?

It should be fine. Because hardly anyone chooses German, as more students choose French and Spanish and even Russian.

I would e-mail the college and the department admissions tutors and get their verdict as well.

Also remember even Trinity College, Cambridge University, the largest college in Cambridge got just 20 applicants for 12 places?! :s-smilie: lol So there is a 50% acceptance rate for MML degrees at Cambridge University.
Reply 4
Original post by thegeek888
It should be fine. Because hardly anyone chooses German, as more students choose French and Spanish and even Russian.

I would e-mail the college and the department admissions tutors and get their verdict as well.

Also remember even Trinity College, Cambridge University, the largest college in Cambridge got just 20 applicants for 12 places?! :s-smilie: lol So there is a 50% acceptance rate for MML degrees at Cambridge University.

Okay, tysm for your help! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending