The Student Room Group

Studying in Austria

Hello everyone, I have completed my (Accounting and Management) BA at Reading, am currently working at PWC (gap year, sorta) . I'm looking for a Master business study in Austria, best in English (PWC will suport me with a pt job, I know some basic German, but oh well).

I know I'm late, does anybody know of some suiting university/study?
Reply 1
Hi everyone, with some help from PWC in Austria and learnabroad (ie) it looks as if I am meanwhile settled.

On Tuesday I got a call from PWC Austria (my boss had called in), they helped me with some information plus recommended to study Export-Management (since I look for a part-time study). Meanwhile I also checked studyabroad and some other places for more background info, called them - the person respobsible for admission was on vacation, but they put me through to the director of the programme, Christopher Schwand, he was kind and answered my questions on spot.

Meanwhile my application is in and I'm set.

If you need some information on studying in Austria, best overview I came across:

http://www.learnabroad.ie/country_cat/austria/
Reply 2
Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I thought I might help. I was looking at Austrian universities a while ago, and am half Austrian myself.
If you want to study the course in English, I know there's a campus of an American uni in Vienna which might be more helpful for you. But the universities are quite helpful with internationals. In the university of Vienna, they give youtwo extra semesters to get used to the language and city etc., and provide English translatons of any reading you need to do. Still, didn't manage to find out too much form their websites, as my Austrian isn't really up to scratch. And it's up to you, if you think your German will get you by, but remember that you're not IN Germany, and the accents as well as some ofthe words are different too.
I'm only suggesting this for universities-I don't know suitable courses. Yet again,my German isn't really up to scratch when it comes to traipsing through course descriptions!
Sorry, KiteKat. Hope I helped!:smile:
Reply 3
Dear Mel,

thanks alot, I'm still looking for a Plan B, luckily I meanwhile spotted a student from the University of Applied Sciences Krems here on the forum, who will help me with some more info. So far the information I digged up myself looks great, I'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending