:confused::confused::confused:
Reply 981
Original post by FristyKino
For the first one ii wrote 4 splits.
a was a triplet.

The second one was 5 spliting peaks.
singlet.

:confused::confused::confused:

oops, did the questions say explain the splitting pattern or did it just ask for the splitting pattern?
Reply 982
Original post by lou12
oops, did the questions say explain the splitting pattern or did it just ask for the splitting pattern?

It was just asked, not explain
Original post by lou12

They asked for how many peaks would there be in the Hnmr.
And they asked the splitting pattern for 'a' on the first compound and 'b' on the second compound.
Reply 984
Original post by FristyKino
They asked for how many peaks would there be in the Hnmr.
And they asked the splitting pattern for 'a' on the first compound and 'b' on the second compound.

aah cool thanks :smile:
can someone tell me the structures of the compounds which we had to name, give number of peaks and splitting pattern of labelled protons. if ur not sure dnt guess. :smile:
I was just happy that buffers didn't come up, like the one from june 10 :smile:

Sad that I crammed the enantiomer and racemic definitions and they didn't come up though... :frown:
1) 3,3-dimethylbutan-1-ol
4 peaks
triplet

2) 1,1-dimethylbutan-1-ol
4 peaks
singlet
Original post by JK471993
I know the exam was pretty hard but at least they didn't have any questions where they give you the moelcular formula and throw loads of analytical information at you and then you have to guess what the molecule is!

I love those :tongue:
Reply 989
Omggggggggg i thought the exam went ok until i looked on this thread !
Reply 990
Original post by Turnerthecentury
4 peaks
triplet

4 peaks
singlet

i got a butan-2 -ol for one of them
You may be right :tongue: i cant remember the molecule or i would have another look.
Reply 992
yeh wasnt it like 2,4-dimethylbutan-2-ol or something?

exam was alright overall, quite... different, like they had some sneaky **** - the question on cyclohexene at the end was CLEARLY meant to trick you into thinking about using the aromatic routes ie Sn/HCL etc, luckily i realised in the last few minutes :smile:

and that ecology BS about making the public more confident... what is this a biology paper?
Reply 993
Anyone got the paper/Mark scheme??
Reply 994
Original post by Turnerthecentury
4 peaks
triplet

4 peaks
singlet

you can't have 1,1-dimethylbutan-1-ol, it'd have to be 2-methylpentan-1-ol
You know for those big 3 marker questions .....where you had name reagents....etc.
One of them showed an aldehyde.....Is it ok if I put tollens' reagent and silver mirror is formed? :confused:
Reply 996
Original post by Casshern1456
I did but ppl on here saying it's a hexane and AQA tried to trick us. I'm worried.:s-smilie:

i'm not entirely sure about nitrohexane, i think it said singular reagent though? and no2+ is generated from h2so4 and hno3 both conc?

i do however know that it can't be hexane as there is no way of generating the end product from hexane in a single step.
Okay, god that was so ****. I bet I didn't even get half of those questions right. I'm really scared now. I really want a B overall.
Reply 998
Original post by bluefrog
you can't have 1,1-dimethylbutan-1-ol, it'd have to be 2-methylpentan-1-ol

that sounds more like it.lol
Reply 999
Original post by Holocaene
The answers for the two big pH questions everyone's asking about are here:

i got that too but i rounded the 4.76 to 4.77 :s-smilie: cus i got 4.765 on calculator... still get the mark though?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending