The Student Room Group

BCU Diagnostic Radiography Interview

I have an interview for radiography at birmingham city university on the 15th december. How difficult will it be 😫. I hope im asked simple questions like; what is radiography? Why do you want to do the course? What skills do you have and what skills did you gain from you work experince ? Idm those questions. Will i be asked like these sorts of qs; What are your weaknessrs? Or what are you strengths? tell me about yourself? , i hope not not these qs. I just want to know will it be hard or easy interview?
Original post by Ahmed046
I have an interview for radiography at birmingham city university on the 15th december. How difficult will it be 😫. I hope im asked simple questions like; what is radiography? Why do you want to do the course? What skills do you have and what skills did you gain from you work experince ? Idm those questions. Will i be asked like these sorts of qs; What are your weaknessrs? Or what are you strengths? tell me about yourself? , i hope not not these qs. I just want to know will it be hard or easy interview?

Hi, would you mind telling me when u applied as im waiting for emails back from bcu thankyou😫
Reply 2
Original post by hanaboun
Hi, would you mind telling me when u applied as im waiting for emails back from bcu thankyou😫

They went you email back if you got an interview. Well thats what happened to me, you will have to log in the srs portal and go to events and see if you got any interviews if not wait and keep checking i applied around the end of november
Original post by hanaboun

Keep checking your junk email folder too - uni emails often end up in there.

Hi, ive just booked my interview for BCU how was your interview? where there any hard questions or was it normal questions ?
Hey I’ve got my interview coming up and I’m kind of nervous as I don’t know what to expect
What were the questions like ?
Hope it went well for you

Reply 6
Original post by b.njaliyil
Hi, ive just booked my interview for BCU how was your interview? where there any hard questions or was it normal questions ?

Original post by samiyaa10
Hey I’ve got my interview coming up and I’m kind of nervous as I don’t know what to expect
What were the questions like ?
Hope it went well for you

I got in, just make sure you know why want to do the course, and the questions are scenario based you cant really prepare for them, you could look at the 6cs or the nhs core values and it can help you but the qs are not hard tbh, interview is around 10minutes and if you don't know how to answer the question, ask them to repeat the qs or have a go.
Reply 7
I got in, just make sure you know why want to do the course, and the questions are scenario based you cant really prepare for them, you could look at the 6cs or the nhs core values and it can help you but the qs are not hard tbh, interview is around 10minutes and if you don't know how to answer the question, ask them to repeat the qs or have a go.

thank you so much, feeling kind of nervous interview is tomorrow but thank you xx
Reply 8
Original post by sar.axn

thank you so much, feeling kind of nervous interview is tomorrow but thank you xx

how did it go i have mine tomorrow?!!!
Original post by afooraaaa
how did it go i have mine tomorrow?!!!

Hi @afooraaaa

Congratulations on your interview!

For the questions that you are not too confident with I would encourage you to take some time to come up will at least one example/answer for each of those questions.

Definitely have your personal statement fresh in your mind as a lot of questions will be based on what you have put in your statement as they will want you to go into more depth.

Good luck with your interview!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
Did you guys have clinical work experience? And is it compulsory/condition of the offer?
Reply 11
Original post by softqwik
Did you guys have clinical work experience? And is it compulsory/condition of the offer?
I feel like they don’t talk about this enough. We do have a lot of placement at hospitals. There are a lot of hospitals you could be allocated to, including places as far as Stoke and Telford but some are inside Birmingham. It’s really hard to swap placements and transfer. First year so far we have had 2 weeks inductions and just completed a month placement block, We have 2 more weeks in may and then 3 in june, and then 3 in august again. In between may and june we have a resit period, if you have no resit exams or resubmissions you can just have a 3 week holiday period, and then you have your official 3 week summer holiday between june and august placements. I’m pretty sure the next two years are similar with a lot of placement. I do enjoy placement a lot but can be difficult to juggle your job and social life with it sometimes. 🙂 If you have placement near to you it’s a breeze. But yeah a lot of placement :smile:
Original post by sar.axn
I feel like they don’t talk about this enough. We do have a lot of placement at hospitals. There are a lot of hospitals you could be allocated to, including places as far as Stoke and Telford but some are inside Birmingham. It’s really hard to swap placements and transfer. First year so far we have had 2 weeks inductions and just completed a month placement block, We have 2 more weeks in may and then 3 in june, and then 3 in august again. In between may and june we have a resit period, if you have no resit exams or resubmissions you can just have a 3 week holiday period, and then you have your official 3 week summer holiday between june and august placements. I’m pretty sure the next two years are similar with a lot of placement. I do enjoy placement a lot but can be difficult to juggle your job and social life with it sometimes. 🙂 If you have placement near to you it’s a breeze. But yeah a lot of placement :smile:
That does seem full on.

What about before applying, was experience compulsory? My daughter received an offer but was then sent aa form to fill in about clinical experience she has, which currently amounts to none.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending