The Student Room Group

Certifications Like Microsoft/Comptia Or Uni?

Hello.

I really need some help in regards to whether go uni or study certifications like (Comptia /Secruity + / MCDST etc) (If you dont want to read the bottom bit, just read the last 2 paragraphs :smile: )-

I am Comptia A + certified, have a NVQ Level 3 in IT and successfully completed ADITP (Advance diploma in IT Pract) and might study the new Windows 7 trouble shooting course. But i am currently finding it quite hard to get into the IT industry. I am working for a outsourcing company for a Bank (which is very boring and not IT related) So i was planning to study more.

I applied at London Met uni to study Computer Networking and It Secruity. However they said i did not have the relevant IT knowledge etc. So they offered me to study Computing Extended (Comp, Comms, Tech, Maths) - Course code:GP4X. - This course 4 years and it says on the course "Designed for applicants with little or no background in Technology, the computing, communications technology and ... will arm you with the knowledge needed to undertake further study in these areas." It says i could then study further in IT and do Computer networking etc (majoirty of those courses are a further 3/4 years)

Do you think i should go to Uni and study the Computing Extended (Comp, Comms, Tech, Maths) - Course code:GP4X and then do computer networking/Computer Forensic etc ( I was planning to study the course at Uni and during the 3rd year study also study MCSI etc - so when i finish the 4 years i have the Extended Degree and the certifications) .... OR do some other qualifications such as Compita Secruity + and some Microsoft courses as im sure it wont take 4 years to study them, and then try to apply for Computer Networking/ IT secruity (or forensic etc) at uni?

Please do give me some advise on what i should do.... Or any other suggestions, as at the momen its hard to get a IT related job.
Reply 1
call them and see if they have any other courses which may be suitable for you...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending