The Student Room Group

Hong Kong Universities

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Will there be a lot of hall activities? I am afraid that it will distract my studies. Btw I am an international student so living residences outside the hall would be a burden to me. :frown:
Reply 881
hello guys..i will be studying Economics and Finance at HKU
Original post by hin1994
lol. full scholarship med school, ltcl diploma, 43 points, scaa basketball team. what more do u need

u troll! can I have a point from your HL math? :P
Hi everyone! Applying to HKU. Writing my personal statement. Just wondering how long is the personal statement and is there a limit to it? Also is it right to assume the application deadline for non jupas is dec 30? Couldn't find any info regarding 2013 entry. Thank you :smile:
Original post by nicecookie
Hi everyone! Applying to HKU. Writing my personal statement. Just wondering how long is the personal statement and is there a limit to it? Also is it right to assume the application deadline for non jupas is dec 30? Couldn't find any info regarding 2013 entry. Thank you :smile:

Your personal statement should be around a page long. I don't think it has a word limit. I think you're a bit early to research about 2013 entry. I think the websites still have info on 2012 entry.
Original post by georgekwok
Your personal statement should be around a page long. I don't think it has a word limit. I think you're a bit early to research about 2013 entry. I think the websites still have info on 2012 entry.

Oh okay, if it's around a page, what kind of font and size should I use on word?
Reply 886
Hello,

Are there any exchange students who didn't receive a place in HKU hall?

I have just received such email from CEDARS and thinking what is the better way finding a room in HK, as I arrive to HK on 10th september only, and it seems that it is not so easy to find room one month prior arriving.
Reply 887
Hi Maduro,

Yea I am in the same situation as you at the moment. To be honest I don't know what would be best either. It might be a good idea to contact your buddy, mine has said he will look at the list of rooms that cedars sent and see whats best.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 888
by the way have you heard any news for your student visa application for Hong Kong?
Reply 889
But mine buddy is now very busy with some kind of the public exam, so I am left alone, and trying to find something, but can't say that it is going forward in any way :smile: but thanks for your reply!

I still haven't receive any info on visa application, but it should be soon! Also if you are from UK, I believe it is same for EU, you can enter in HK for 90 days without any visa, and make visa on arriving. However university didn't like such way.
Reply 890
Hello everyone!
I am an overseas student and i am looking forward to apply for next year 2013 MPH (masters in public health)
i know its quite early but i want to do some research regarding the School of public health of HKU.
I know HKU reputation is widely respected. But can anyone give me any advice regarding my department?????Also will i have to rely on cantonese when i am doing my project or dissertation?
If i am not wrong,they started the school not that long.
If there's any suggestions for other unis which offer better MPH in HK,please do let me know.

P.S-i hope its okie to post my query here. I couldnt find much HKU discussion other than this one.

Help me out!
Oh okay, if it's around a page, what kind of font and size should I use on word?

size 11 or 12? not sure they care much about that tho

I used the same personal statement as my UCAS one for UK applications (~2000 characters) and it was fine. I wouldn't worry too much over exactly how long it is.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by 21Grapes
I used the same personal statement as my UCAS one for UK applications (~2000 characters) and it was fine. I wouldn't worry too much over exactly how long it is.

Did you add to things like why you want to study in Hk in your uk personal statement?

Also do you type you personal statement in like Ucas or do you upload it on a separate document?
Did you add to things like why you want to study in Hk in your uk personal statement?

Also do you type you personal statement in like Ucas or do you upload it on a separate document?

Yeah i did but it was literally just one or two sentences at the end to finish it. By all means add more and say what you want though, it is your PS after all.
And i did it all online so it was kinda like ucas where there is a box and you type/paste it in.

Hi guys got my offer for HKU MBBS :smile: soooo relieved and happy :biggrin:
Reply 896
Original post by georgekwok
Hi guys got my offer for HKU MBBS :smile: soooo relieved and happy :biggrin:

Unconditional? Congrats anyway! I'm still waiting for replies......
Original post by Ber
Unconditional? Congrats anyway! I'm still waiting for replies......

Yes! But I reapplied with 43 IB points.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 898
I've just received my A Level results and i received ACCC and an additional A in Further Maths at AS level, basically i was rejected from my firm/insurance and all the other universities in clearing either don't appeal to me or they have a high entry requirement...

I mean can anyone who is familar with this University tell me when the course for Law LLB starts and when i should apply, also how much would it cost since i can also live in HK anyway - I have a HK permanent ID (just haven't renewed in about 5-10 yrs)... I mean these UK fees are £9000 a year and if HK is similar more or less then i don't see the point of studying in a crappy University in the UK and still pay that much...

Help required ASAP since i need to make decisions within the next 2 weeks!
Original post by karchun
I've just received my A Level results and i received ACCC and an additional A in Further Maths at AS level, basically i was rejected from my firm/insurance and all the other universities in clearing either don't appeal to me or they have a high entry requirement...

I mean can anyone who is familar with this University tell me when the course for Law LLB starts and when i should apply, also how much would it cost since i can also live in HK anyway - I have a HK permanent ID (just haven't renewed in about 5-10 yrs)... I mean these UK fees are £9000 a year and if HK is similar more or less then i don't see the point of studying in a crappy University in the UK and still pay that much...

Help required ASAP since i need to make decisions within the next 2 weeks!

Sorry to hear about your results.
I do not know the exact requirements for Law at HKU but i do certainly know that it is very competitive. If i were you i would ring them and ask them about what grades they want and what chance you have of getting accepted with ACC.
And IIRC fees for a student with HKID is just over $40,000pa. Term starts in September but you will have to wait for 2013 admissions if you want to try apply (applications should open in a month or so).

If you really cant find a uni you like through clearing, then perhaps you should consider taking a gap year to resit your C grades... ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending